March 28, 2024, 07:52:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

super mario odyssey

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 13, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Why do I have to work I wanna be at home playing this all day

Samus Aran

in some ways this game is even better in post-game. having a blast trying to find the rest of the power moons. so many left though! i've got 369 at the moment

TooB

That actually seems to be what most say.

Thyme

why is mario always shivering when i watch someone play this

Samus Aran

Quote from: DAED SI HAYOB on November 01, 2017, 05:08:35 PM
why is mario always shivering when i watch someone play this

yeah he seems to think it's almost always cold tbh lol

last night i was in the wooded kingdom, like right at the entrance next to the odyssey, and mario was shivering. cold in them there woods i guess

C.Mongler

TooB

YPrrrr

Apparently I'm pretty decent at bounding; at least compared to the other mini games

Samus Aran

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLl7lbbpjig[/youtube]

so much of this game can be completed without even capturing enemies because mario's movement possibilities are so insane. and it's intended by the developers. it's so fucking cool.

Samus Aran

just got the hardest moon in the game, the one you can access once you have 500 moons

it's a long, challenging mishmash of obstacles and challenges, very similar to the perfect run in galaxy 2. but unlike the perfect run, you're allowed to get hurt in this one. and hell, halfway through you can find a power-up heart to extend your life to 6 hits. the simple fact that you don't have to do this one flawlessly makes it a lot easier than the perfect run. but it's still pretty hard.

Thyme

YPrrrr

Quote from: DAED SI HAYOB on November 05, 2017, 05:42:09 PM
so uh
this game good? n_u
Yea. The story is super easy but there's a lot of really fun platforming and there are like 800 some moons to collect

Samus Aran

ok so, for the post-game koopa free running races, every single one of them is really easy except for one (wooded kingdom master cup) that randomly wants you to use a technique that isn't required anywhere else in the game: long jump to cappy throw to dive onto cappy bounce

once you know how to do that, you'll probably do it all the time just to get across huge gaps and such quicker (i know i do), but i was just surprised that the game tossed that in there

C.Mongler

Quote from: DAED SI HAYOB on November 05, 2017, 05:42:09 PM
so uh
this game good? n_u

yeah, it's really fuckin good. probably my goty. better than BotW imo

also when you 'beat' the game the game only just begins; theres so much shit to collect holy fuck

YPrrrr

I also like it more than BotW and I never thought I'd enjoy a main Mario game over a Zelda from the same timeframe

Go Up