April 19, 2024, 01:47:28 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

35 Minute Nintendo Direct 9/6

Started by YPrrrr, September 05, 2018, 01:31:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

goofy as hell to see so many Final Fantasy games suddenly ported to a Nintendo console

anyway, hell yeah Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3

ClassicTyler

I'm please with pretty much everything. I'll give some of the Final Fantasies a go, Diablo a go, and of course the Nintendo stuff as well.

ClassicTyler

OH AND FINALLY A KATAMARI GAME ON NINTENDO

even if it is just a HD remaster.

AAAAAAAA

I don't really know Isabelle that well because I started playing New Leaf when I was moving in real life and it felt too real so I stopped a couple days in.

bluaki

I'm a little surprised people are making a big deal out of needing to check-in online weekly to retain access to the NES games. Are people really going to be away from home or any other wifi hotspot for that long while still playing their Switch and specifically wanting to play NES games of all things?

The underwhelming library bugs me, the inability to outright own these games or buy something like a "NES Classic Edition Digital Bundle" bugs me, but I struggle to see this as an issue at all. Sure, it's possible to make the Switch just remember the expiration date of your subscription, but I don't think that's a big loss.

Nyerp

i'm a little surprised that anyone would bother defending it

like i get it, it's not a big deal to you, but ask yourself why something so backwards needs to exist at all

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on September 15, 2018, 03:26:47 PMi'm a little surprised that anyone would bother defending it

like i get it, it's not a big deal to you, but ask yourself why something so backwards needs to exist at all
I'm not really defending it as much as wondering why, of all the things people can complain about for this online service, have I seen so many picking that particular detail that ultimately doesn't seem to matter much when there's so many huge glaring issues that actually should affect normal usage.

It turns out that apparently a lot of people misread the headlines and thought it meant that if you go 7 days without using your Switch you'll lose access to the NES games for the rest of your subscription or something dumb like that. Also, this policy seems to match what stuff like Netflix and others do for offline-downloaded content; I hate subscription-only content in the first place but this is what I expect when something is tied to a subscription.

reeper

I'm super interested in Katamari & Luigi's Mansion 3, also Diablo if it's good two player

TooB

Quote from: reeper on September 15, 2018, 05:04:32 PMI'm super interested in Katamari & Luigi's Mansion 3, also Diablo if it's good two player

Diablo is good 4 player.

I kinda want it for switch cuz it would make a solid portable game as well

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Go Up