April 19, 2024, 07:06:51 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

metroid: samus returns

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 13, 2017, 10:16:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Thyme

TooB

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on September 12, 2017, 06:56:39 AM
star fox now happydood;

............. saddood;
just give it to someone and don't let Nintendo shoehorn in motion controls.

Thyme

another victim of the george lucas of video games saddood;

Kalahari Inkantation

i am so glad and relieved that this is getting scored as highly as it is happydood;

picking up my preorder tomorrow giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Rhythm Violence on September 12, 2017, 06:56:39 AM
star fox now happydood;

............. saddood;

start fox 2:s coming up, and by some miracle it's now one of a rare few that miyamoo ultimately couldn't ruin girl;

even if he tried his darndest by sitting on it for 20 years

TooB

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on September 18, 2017, 01:46:04 PM
i am so glad and relieved that this is getting scored as highly as it is happydood;

picking up my preorder tomorrow giggle;
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on September 18, 2017, 01:48:33 PM
Quote from: Rhythm Violence on September 12, 2017, 06:56:39 AM
star fox now happydood;

............. saddood;

start fox 2:s coming up, and by some miracle it's now one of a rare few that miyamoo ultimately couldn't ruin girl;

even if he tried his darndest by sitting on it for 20 years
look at this punk

C.Mongler

September 19, 2017, 05:41:40 AM #55 Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:46:22 AM by C.Mongler
i like this game but i don't like the controls. i'm only like three hours in and there have been parts that require three simultaneous inputs across both hands, which is weird. Doable, sure, but i stood there for like three minutes trying to time aiming and hitting the buttons and it basically killed the pacing. additionally, the circle pad just doesn't feel good for precision controls, like i always feel like i fuck up my movement or aiming ever so slightly because of it.

two things that would have made this astronomically better (besides just full control customization, but lul, nintendo):
1. allow swapping the d-pad and circle pad controls
2. make fucking use of the N3D's extra buttons. i don't understand why in the year of our lord 2017, nintendo's first party games at the very least don't make use of the extra buttons on their updated system when they are having to resort to having controls designated to the touch screen or wonky combination/hold button presses

TooB

I haven't run into anything like that, at least not yet I guess

I do agree about dpad control tho

C.Mongler

my gripes would be mostly moot if i could play the game with the friggen d-pad ugh :|

silvertone

controls in 2d metroids have always felt weird 2 me

Samus Aran

i agree that being able to use the dpad would be nice. but any accidental fuckups on aiming or whatever have been pretty minor for me so far, can't say it really detracts from my enjoyment. about two hours in and it's a great fucking game

Go Up