April 16, 2024, 02:14:21 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

E3 2017 thread

Started by bluaki, June 09, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

This E3's biggest loser?

Nintendo
2 (12.5%)
Microsoft
3 (18.8%)
Sony
3 (18.8%)
Apple
2 (12.5%)
Console gaming in general
0 (0%)
PC gaming in general
2 (12.5%)
Gaming in general
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

bluaki

June 09, 2017, 07:32:44 AM Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:14:12 PM by bluaki
The big annual event for skepticism and disappointment is almost here: E3 conferences start this weekend

Here's the schedule in EDT:
Saturday 15:00 - EA - Twitch
Sunday 17:00 - Microsoft - Twitch
Sunday 24:00 - Bethesda - Twitch
Monday 16:00 - Ubisoft - Twitch
Monday 21:00 - Sony - Twitch, PlayStation Stream
Tuesday 12:00 - Nintendo - Twitch

YouTube stuff is at https://gaming.youtube.com/e3
IGN stuff seems to be at http://www.ign.com/events/e3
Twitter and IGN have something at https://twitter.com/i/live/847216698398658560
Twitch will have something at https://www.twitch.tv/twitch

C.Mongler

nintendo's direct is now rumored to be just 25 minutes. as a reminder that fell to 30 minutes earlier this week, which fell from an hour from about a month ago.

LET'S KEEP THEM EXPECTATIONS IN CHECK PEOPLE

all i really want is a God of War release date, for some reason i really like the direction it seems like they're going in  happydood;

TooB

All Nintendo will have is more vague gameplay video of mario.

And more ports announced.

C.Mongler

given the length of the ninty direct, i expect no more than 1-2 BOMBAS.

i think we'll see a hearty chunk of mario (plus release date), some more splatoon, i think xenoblade will either have a good gameplay chunk or a lil gameplay chunk and a delay announcement, and for bombers i think it's either going to be smash DLUX and/or pikmin. i'm leaning towards no smash because i don't think they'd want to launch that this year considering their seemingly 1 HOT GAME A MONTH strat, which has no room for another game let alone fighter given the announcement of pokken DLUX this week. not sure if nintendo is going to give a ton of time to mario & rabbids or leave that to ubi's conference

i'd say 25% we see AnimalCro Switch this direct, probably more likely we hear about the iphone game tbh.

i fully expect they're going to spend way too fucking long showcasing skyrim in god damn 2017

probably will be a hot INDIES sizzle reel, maybe we'll get some launch dates/windows for some of the shit i'd really like to see released soon (lookin' at you overcooked)

Quote from: Big Goop on June 09, 2017, 08:23:12 AM
All Nintendo will have is more vague gameplay video of mario.

And more ports announced.

highly doubt it will be 'vauge', it will probably be 10 minutes of actual gameplay because that's their super hot fire this year lol

TooB

Yeah, I still doubt it tho. It's Nintendo. They only gave us the switch announcement like, a month before it released

TooB

YPrrrr

Nintendo: Mario, splatoon, ports

Anything beyond that will make me happy. Actually even sbb port would make me happy

bluaki

June 09, 2017, 09:19:25 AM #7 Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:38:54 AM by bluaki
I'm guessing Ubisoft will probably be the one presenting the Mario Rabbids game. There have been so many leaks about it that I can't imagine the reveal was left to Nintendo, who is usually pretty good about keeping secrets.

Bethesda might be the one showing Skyrim Switch too.

I'm guessing there will probably be just one major-ish new game announced by Nintendo at E3 that I'd care about. I'm doubting Animal Crossing would come this year, but maybe Pikmin or something else. Maybe a party game. One more "Deluxe" port is probably fairly likely too.

They're definitely going to focus on Mario Odyssey a lot, with real gameplay videos and probably demos on the show floor. Fire Emblem Warriors might get a new trailer. They'll probably take up some time in the announcement telling us stuff we already know about ARMS, Splatoon, and Pokkén. There might be a mention of Ultra Sun and Moon (I'm still hoping for the slim chance of a Switch port). Indie reel might as well be the "free space" on a bingo card.

Nintendo has said before they don't want to bring mobile games to console-focused events like E3, so I don't expect we'll see any of that here.

C.Mongler

i'm curious what in god's name microsoft is going to show off this year; at this point they're becoming even less viable than nintendo which is hilarious.

obviously they're going to show off scorpio but i feel like that's not going to resonate with anyone without some DAMN GAMES

YPrrrr

Xbox to me is worthless. They've made all games for Xbox available for PC haven't they? What's the point of getting an Xbox then? I don't have to pay extra for internet on PC

Thyme

speaking of companies i'm curious about what the fuck they have to show this year:

bethesda confuseddood;

Thyme

probs that new quake (zzzzz) and some ESO stuff (ZZZZZZZZZ) tbh

bluaki

Quote from: YPargh on June 09, 2017, 09:32:30 AM
Xbox to me is worthless. They've made all games for Xbox available for PC haven't they? What's the point of getting an Xbox then? I don't have to pay extra for internet on PC
Has that actually happened? I feel like I haven't heard much about it for some reason. Do you really not need XBL Gold to play "Xbox" games on Win10 online?

A lot of people don't want to deal with gaming PCs. The Xbox One still gives them a console experience with some of the same games. By all means, I think PS4 seems better for this, but the Xbox brand has some remaining loyalists from 360 days and they might win over some of the graphics lovers with Scorpio and they do have a few exclusives that people like.

C.Mongler

yeah they've said every first party game will be PLAY ALL (or whatever the fuck their program is called) from last e3 on, so literally you're buying an xbox to play the early games like rare replay, halo collection, halo 5, forza 5 (though theirs a skimped down version on PC), and sunset overdrive. that's literally it. though to be fair, the windows 10 store is just as fucking garbage as games for windows live, so it's almost worth buying a bone just to not have to deal with it. i wish microsoft would just get over it and accept a cucking from steam already. it's not even an argument of WAAA I WANT MY GAMES ALL IN ONE PLACE, their platform is just literally broken shit. hell, make a deal with EA and put them on origin for all I care.

Quote from: Thyme on June 09, 2017, 09:42:26 AM
probs that new quake (zzzzz) and some ESO stuff (ZZZZZZZZZ) tbh

ESO morrowind just dropped so i doubt they really have anything to showcase there beyond a HEY IT'S OUT! quake will deff get some time. i expect they're probably gonna announce some sort of banger, though tough to say what that will be and what actually counts as a 'banger'. case and point, it's probably evil within 2. that said, it's possible it's the next elder scrolls game, but i wouldn't bank on it.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on June 09, 2017, 09:41:07 AM
speaking of companies i'm curious about what the fuck they have to show this year:

bethesda confuseddood;
they're apparently coming out with a space themed game in the vein of elder scrolls and fallout so that's probably their big showing
Quote from: bluaki on June 09, 2017, 09:47:56 AM
Has that actually happened? I feel like I haven't heard much about it for some reason. Do you really not need XBL Gold to play "Xbox" games on Win10 online?

A lot of people don't want to deal with gaming PCs. The Xbox One still gives them a console experience with some of the same games. By all means, I think PS4 seems better for this, but the Xbox brand has some remaining loyalists from 360 days and they might win over some of the graphics lovers with Scorpio and they do have a few exclusives that people like.
yeah like Cmongler said pretty much every new game that comes to xbox is also available on Windows. Microsoft has pledged all its first party games will be available on Xbox and PC. So only third party companies really have the option to be Xbox exclusive but why would they when Microsoft themselves puts their games on two platforms?

Go Up