April 23, 2024, 08:45:19 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

E3 2017 thread

Started by bluaki, June 09, 2017, 07:32:44 AM

previous topic - next topic

This E3's biggest loser?

Nintendo
2 (12.5%)
Microsoft
3 (18.8%)
Sony
3 (18.8%)
Apple
2 (12.5%)
Console gaming in general
0 (0%)
PC gaming in general
2 (12.5%)
Gaming in general
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

TooB

Is there any word on virtual console for switch? When it's coming just to make sure I clarify

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on June 16, 2017, 07:49:24 PM
Is there any word on virtual console for switch? When it's coming just to make sure I clarify
Nintendo has specifically not confirmed whether Switch will ever get Virtual Console at all. Like in the quote I put in my last post, Reggie has repeatedly said (paraphrased) "We know that a lot of fans are asking for Virtual Console, but we have no plans to announce"

A somewhat similar (but distinct) service that they have confirmed is that subscribers to the paid online service will get access to certain "classic titles" (possibly NES-only) that have added online play. This seems to specifically exclude any singleplayer games. You lose them when the subscription ends, there's no word on if these games can be purchased separately. This launches in 2018 at the same time as the paid online subscription becomes available. Some of the included games are SMB3, Dr.Mario, and Balloon Fight.

There are no signs yet that Switch will ever get any SNES, N64, GameBoy, etc. games.

TooB

Oh. Well, I hope it will. I'm pretty sure it will.

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]n4IPBiB7SF4[/youtube]

this looks neat befuddlement

bluaki

There's a new game console being made by... Atari.

What decade is this doodhuh;

Source: https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/atari-console-confirmed-fred-chesnais/

Atari says the new system will be "based on PC technology", which I interpret to mean x86 which implies it's not just a classics emulation box, though I guess it still might be.

Whatever this turns out to be, it'll flop spectacularly y/n

Kalahari Inkantation

June 16, 2017, 09:37:55 PM #290 Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:46:54 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: bluaki on June 16, 2017, 09:07:42 PM
Whatever this turns out to be, it'll flop spectacularly y/n

i don't even have to click on that link or do any of my own research at all to tell you that you're 99.999999% likely to be correct lol

TooB

Speaking of, apparently they're making a retron for Atari 2600 games.

Kalahari Inkantation

a comprehensive list of atari 2600 games that anyone born after 1990 actually cares about:

Thyme

imma be a pedant but i was born in 1988 and that's my list as well 5thgrade;

Kalahari Inkantation

i was being conservative, but really, i could probably go all the way back to 1985 and the list would still look the same

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 16, 2017, 09:40:17 PM
a comprehensive list of atari 2600 games that anyone born after 1990 actually cares about:

combat
Pitfall
Kaboom
Vanguard
Jungle Hunt

Kaboom especially is amazing [/list]

TooB

Those are just off the top o my head at least

Kalahari Inkantation

let me revise my original comment

a comprehensive list of atari 2600 games that anyone born after 1985 actually cares about enough to buy a brand new atari console in the year of our lord 20xx:

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 16, 2017, 09:50:14 PM
let me revise my original comment

a comprehensive list of atari 2600 games that anyone born after 1985 actually cares about enough to buy a brand new atari console in the year of our lord 20xx:

well, in my case, at least the ones I listed.

Kalahari Inkantation

are you implying that to you're actually going to buy a brand new atari console in the year of our lord 20xx for those five games goowan

Go Up