April 18, 2024, 03:05:53 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

potd: are you a redditard

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 07, 2017, 10:26:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

i'm sure most of you are

shamefully, yes
5 (55.6%)
reddit-free and proud (as you should be)
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 07, 2017, 10:42:06 PM
Quote from: ADX on June 07, 2017, 10:37:29 PM
im disappointed nothing ended up replacing reddit like what happened with digg

yeah awdood;

similarly, i wish something had killed facebook the way facebook killed myspace
I get the impression that Facebook has been very slowly fading for the past few years, although sadly not in any way as abrupt as myspace. Facebook used to be the one and only social media platform for a huge number of people, but I think more recently (thanks to smartphones probably) a lot of people use a lot of different more specialized services like snapchat, instagram, twitter, whatsapp, etc. and use facebook a lot less than they used to if at all.

If any one single thing ever kills Facebook, I can't imagine the killer being anything but Facebook itself.

YPrrrr

rdl

facebook is in the midst of a very ginormous pivot

Kalahari Inkantation

June 08, 2017, 12:53:23 PM #18 Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 01:02:27 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: YPargh on June 08, 2017, 11:19:39 AM
Old people killed Facebook  akudood;

it's well established that angst over seeing your high school acquaintances move well forward in life while you remain completely stagnant is what killed facebook

the old folks and parents and distant relatives with expectations certainly don't help

[spoiler]

i ignore facebook for the same reason i ignore bills or avoid looking at my bank account[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 08, 2017, 12:53:23 PM
Quote from: YPargh on June 08, 2017, 11:19:39 AM
Old people killed Facebook  akudood;

it's well established that angst over seeing your high school acquaintances move well forward in life while you remain completely stagnant is what killed facebook

the old folks and parents and distant relatives with expectations certainly don't help

[spoiler]

i ignore facebook for the same reason i ignore bills or avoid looking at my bank account[/spoiler]
Well my Facebook died when I had to friend all of my damn relatives and they insisted on posting stuff I liked when I was like 5 all day long. akudood;

I don't think many people I know stopped using because they weren't successful, my friends seem to be doing pretty well. It's mostly just girls relatives republicans and homosexuals left in my feed now

Thyme

yeah 5thgrade;

i follow:

gaming
movies
squaredcircle
ps4
quebec
web_design
design
progmetal
djent

Thyme

all i follow nowadays on facebook is bands tbh

and local wordpress and general web dev support groups

Daddy

I use reddit a lot for work since there is a lot of good information in various security or sysadmin subreddits

and i post in /r/personalfinance a lot

also naked girls

Hiro

i am on reddit a lot lmao, I don't subscribe to many of the default subs but I've been using it since like 2009 or something so

Go Up