April 16, 2024, 04:46:12 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Started by bluaki, June 06, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

you're right, pokemon ultra sun and moon are the last pokemon games ever being made, RIP sweet prince :(

Quote from: YPargh on June 07, 2017, 01:07:04 PM
Also why would you want fps drops when you can not have fps drops given the choice?

i mean clearly we haven't been given the choice

6M69I69B9

haha pokemon ultra gay and ultra gay

haha
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

bluaki

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 12:39:23 PM
Quote from: bluaki on June 07, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
I wanted this to be playable on Switch because I feel like 3DS's awful hardware really holds back Pokémon and anything else released on it now that a better platform exists. It'd look so much nicer on Switch. Being able to play on a TV would be pretty nice too.

i mean would it be nice, sure but at best it would be an upscaled straight port, and while i am STOKED AS FUCK I CAN PLAY MONHUN ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN FINALLY, i dunno if you've seen the monster hunter XX switch screens yet but they look kinda like hot fucking ass. ULTIMATELY my guess though is gamefeet is already well into the planning/development stages of the switch-gen pokemons that won't be out until 2019 and this was developed alongside/after sun/moon to tide people over until then.

but i dunno anything about this game so i unno
Unlike Monster Hunter, these Pokémon games were actually designed with models that are HD ready from the beginning. The overworld textures aren't very high-resolution, but Game Freak probably has better source textures that they had to downscale to get the 3DS to actually run.

Just get rid of the outline, increase the render resolution, export higher texture quality, and fix up the UI to work with one screen and you'd have a very nice port. Emulators have shown nice results with only half of those changes.

Quote from: the MIB the on June 07, 2017, 02:15:53 PM
haha pokemon ultra gay and ultra gay

haha

If it means my girl protagonist can date Lillie, sounds good to me goodjob;

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 01:11:37 PM
you're right, pokemon ultra sun and moon are the last pokemon games ever being made, RIP sweet prince :(

Quote from: YPargh on June 07, 2017, 01:07:04 PM
Also why would you want fps drops when you can not have fps drops given the choice?

i mean clearly we haven't been given the choice

Are you capable of having any discussion without outlandish hyperbole and strawmen? It just makes you look like a dick

Gamefreak has said they have no interest in putting a main Pokemon game on a home console. It's not known whether they would consider the Switch a home console or portable/hybrid. Therefore it is not outlandish to wonder if the switch will get a mainline game in the future.

C.Mongler

oh boy ad hominem arguments, those also are totally not-dickish, you sure pwned me with your logic 101 vocab lesson

how is that outlandish? the three literal options are 1) they continue to make pokemon games for the 3ds until the end of time 2) they eventually make pokemon games for the switch 3) they never make another pokemon game again

if option 2 is off the table than option 3 seems more likely than option 1 to me idk

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 01:04:23 PM
dae want dark souls on switch?

nintendo fans are the saddest creatures on the face of the earth

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
oh boy ad hominem arguments, those also are totally not-dickish, you sure pwned me with your logic 101 vocab lesson

how is that outlandish? the three literal options are 1) they continue to make pokemon games for the 3ds until the end of time 2) they eventually make pokemon games for the switch 3) they never make another pokemon game again

if option 2 is off the table than option 3 seems more likely than option 1 to me idk
I don't care if I'm a dick when you start it n_u You need to let go of the caps lock

Or Nintendo makes a new handheld and puts the next Pokemon on that

C.Mongler

i thought you said don't use outlandish hyperbole?

TooB

Pokemon Sun and Moon were pretty disappointing anyway.

C.Mongler

they were far better than X&Y and Shinnoh (obvs lol) IMHO, but i also don't give a flying shit about end-game nor competitve shit; i play for the adventure

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 03:22:34 PM
they were far better than X&Y and Shinnoh (obvs lol) IMHO, but i also don't give a flying shit about end-game nor competitve shit; i play for the adventure
and for that reason (the adventure) I liked X better

C.Mongler

i got bored of X half-way through and was getting PTSD flashbacks to how i felt playing platinum so i just bowed out; perhaps there was a good adventure in there eventually....

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 03:27:10 PM
i got bored of X half-way through and was getting PTSD flashbacks to how i felt playing platinum so i just bowed out; perhaps there was a good adventure in there eventually....
idk, thing is I never played D/P/Pl so....

X was what got me back into Pokemon anyway (technically black did, but i only played black to get ready for X) but i thought x was great.

YPrrrr

If every game was like black and white  (only new Pokemon available during the campaign) that'd be cool
Quote from: Big Goop on June 07, 2017, 03:29:25 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 03:27:10 PM
idk, thing is I never played D/P/Pl so....

X was what got me back into Pokemon anyway (technically black did, but i only played black to get ready for X) but i thought x was great.
You're lucky it was garbageeeee

Although HGSS on the same engine were amazing

Go Up