April 19, 2024, 04:49:13 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Started by bluaki, June 06, 2017, 07:10:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

I really hope there's more alolan pokemon (or any besides legendary forms)

Problem being it wouldn't be compatible with the original Sun and Moon. But for ORAS they introduced new megas that werent backwards compatible with X and Y so maybe they could still do it

Samus Aran

they'll definitely add more alolan mons

Hiro

Alolan Scrafty with dreadlocks pls

C.Mongler

i find the overwhelming amount of butthurt over this announcement hilarious tbh

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 05:21:11 AM
i find the overwhelming amount of butthurt over this announcement hilarious tbh

what, you mean all the people who wanted a sinnoh remake instead?

C.Mongler

no those people are just morons because sinnoh was a shitstain on the franchise

i mean the people who are having tantrums that this isn't on the switch as if they don't own 6 iterations of 3DS consoles at their mom's house already

YPrrrr

I don't think they're upset because they don't have a 3ds

I think they probs wanted the next game to be pretty and less rehashy

bluaki

I wanted this to be playable on Switch because I feel like 3DS's awful hardware really holds back Pokémon and anything else released on it now that a better platform exists. It'd look so much nicer on Switch. Being able to play on a TV would be pretty nice too.

It doesn't even gain much of anything from 3DS's exclusive features since it doesn't support stereoscopic 3D at all and hardly uses the touch screen or dual-screens for anything important and doesn't use StreetPass at all.

Of course, I don't think any main Pokémon game should be exclusive to a new platform that's less than a year old, but dual-release would've been nice. The Mystery Dungeon series already did this with Red Rescue Team (GBA) and Blue Rescue Team (DS), but there's even more justification for it here since Switch isn't backwards-compatible and Nintendo is kinda competing with themselves.

tbh I have my doubts that the Switch in its current iteration is even especially child-friendly and ready to fully replace 3DS. A Switch Mini of sorts that gets rid of the removable controllers (the most fragile part) and doesn't include a dock could probably be priced a decent amount lower. Like the 2DS, that would be simplifying the design and sacrificing a defining feature for the sake of durability and price.

C.Mongler

i mean 90% of the complaints i've seen are literally "IT ISN'T ON SWITCH???! THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS"

we know next to nothing about it yet, so already calling it a rehash seems like a bit of early judgement

black and white 2 are probably the best pokemon games besides gold & silver despite being 'rehashy', so i'm not gonna jump to that conclusion quite yet

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on June 07, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
I wanted this to be playable on Switch because I feel like 3DS's awful hardware really holds back Pokémon and anything else released on it now that a better platform exists. It'd look so much nicer on Switch. Being able to play on a TV would be pretty nice too.

i mean would it be nice, sure but at best it would be an upscaled straight port, and while i am STOKED AS FUCK I CAN PLAY MONHUN ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN FINALLY, i dunno if you've seen the monster hunter XX switch screens yet but they look kinda like hot fucking ass. ULTIMATELY my guess though is gamefeet is already well into the planning/development stages of the switch-gen pokemons that won't be out until 2019 and this was developed alongside/after sun/moon to tide people over until then.

but i dunno anything about this game so i unno

YPrrrr

It doesn't even gain much of anything from 3DS's exclusive features since it doesn't support stereoscopic 3D at all and hardly uses the touch screen or dual-screens for anything important and doesn't use StreetPass at all.
Yea I agree with this. I mean the 3ds could barely even handle Sun and Moon to begin with - it had noticeable lag just during the story ingame. It would have been nice to have the models upgraded and the bright island environment really shine on a more capable device. I don't know how much else they'll be able to squeeze out of the 3ds for the updates.
Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

i mean would it be nice, sure but at best it would be an upscaled straight port, and while i am STOKED AS FUCK I CAN PLAY MONHUN ON THE BIG SCREEN AGAIN FINALLY, i dunno if you've seen the monster hunter XX switch screens yet but they look kinda like hot fucking ass. ULTIMATELY my guess though is gamefeet is already well into the planning/development stages of the switch-gen pokemons that won't be out until 2019 and this was developed alongside/after sun/moon to tide people over until then.

but i dunno anything about this game so i unno
Just because monster hunter made it a straight port doesn't mean gamefreak would have to do the same. Sure, it'd be a lot more work but they could do it. Imo the 3ds models are already ugly because for some reason they gave all of them a black outline which looks jagged especially when in motion

C.Mongler

so you would rather they port ultra sun & moon to switch, take 6 more months to do it, and then also probably significantly delay the first proper switch pokemon game in the process? but why lol  doodhuh; are the FPS drops in dual battles that distracting to you?

C.Mongler

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on June 07, 2017, 12:56:22 PM
so you would rather they port ultra sun & moon to switch, take 6 more months to do it, and then also probably significantly delay the first proper switch pokemon game in the process? but why lol  doodhuh; are the FPS drops in dual battles that distracting to you?

Who says there is a proper switch pokemon game coming though?

Also why would you want fps drops when you can not have fps drops given the choice?

Go Up