March 28, 2024, 03:31:03 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

new s*itphone needed

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, June 04, 2017, 12:00:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 05:58:27 AM
Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on December 20, 2017, 09:26:58 PM
im thinking about getting a Pixel through Google and using their Project Fi. the actual phone plan will save me a lot of money tbh and Pixels seem pretty nice i think. but im not sure if i would get a Pixel 2 yet, ive heard they're having some post-launch issues rn

what did you end up getting y/n

pixel 2

its pretty neat

strongbad

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 06:34:33 AM
also i only just finished transferring all my data from my old phone onto my current one yesterday lol

god damn android for still not having a proper, complete backup solution in the year of our lord 201X

it's called u store everything in the cloud already

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 31, 2018, 08:28:27 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 06:34:33 AM
also i only just finished transferring all my data from my old phone onto my current one yesterday lol

god damn android for still not having a proper, complete backup solution in the year of our lord 201X

it's called u store everything in the cloud already

i go out of my way to use the cloud as little as is necessary lol

i don't mind using it for backing up communications data like texts and contacts, but i don't like the idea of photos and other data that isn't inherently network-dependent being automatically mirrored to a cloud drive

in any case, even if i did fully embrace the cloud, the process of transferring data from one android device to another isn't nearly automatic, there's still a good deal of manual backing up and transferring of files necessary

very much unlike the near seamless process of upgrading on ios :'(

Go Up