March 28, 2024, 02:03:53 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

NES Classic replacement

Started by TooB, May 28, 2017, 06:34:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072PC59FQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496021536&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=retron+hd

The Retron HD.

I actually may buy this thing, especially since it is compatible with previously incompatible games like Castlevania 3.

I still wanna find out if there are still slight audio issues the previous models had.

But yeah, it may be worth it

TooB

Oh woops, did I accidentally post this in Arts?

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 28, 2017, 06:39:23 PM
Consider this your warning. akudood;
forgive me tec, lest [[[Lord Kazm]]] come after me

Kalahari Inkantation

I wouldn't wish [[[Lord Kazm]]]'s disapproval on my worst enemy. >.<

rdl

C.Mongler

TooB

As someone who's bought hyperkin products, its $40 hardware.
Set your expectations accordingly.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on May 29, 2017, 09:20:45 AM
lmao alright man whatever you say. we used to get their $160 or whatever hyperkin 5s back broken out of the box all the time.
well, whatever you say man. I've known people with retrons that worked, and still work.

My point was, yes hyperkin products are typically cheap. And most agree the 5 was overpriced anyway.

So set your expectations accordingly.

Thank you. Have a nice day.

TooB

To clarify, I was essentially agreeing with you sir snowy

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

moving on then

what's the appeal of these things anyway

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 29, 2017, 12:19:12 PM
moving on then

what's the appeal of these things anyway
ummm... pretty much meant for more casual retro gamers or people just getting into classic gaming.

They have nes clone consoles around that more accurately replicate the nes, and don't have some of the weird sound issues or incompatible games like the retrons have.

There's this one clone called like, analogue nt mini or something but it costs $400-500

Retrons are just cheap ways to play your existing carts. A quick replacement for maybe your old nes that no longer works.

This particular one, the HD, is meant to "compete" with the nes classic, but since they don't make em anymore, its the only widely available on right now.

Kalahari Inkantation

so for someone like me who doesn't actually own any physical games older than probably mario 64, i guess their use is limited lol

Go Up