March 28, 2024, 02:41:55 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: FOOD EDITION

Started by Hiro, May 24, 2017, 02:19:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

salmon is by far the worst fish (in terms of normal fishes that people eat)

Travis

the absolute most disgusting condiment of them all is [spoiler]blue cheese, no contest[/spoiler]

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Travis on May 25, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
the absolute most disgusting condiment of them all is [spoiler]blue cheese, no contest[/spoiler]
mods pls ban
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Travis

i'll go a step farther and say that blue cheese is not only the worst condiment but THE ACTUAL WORST CHEESE TOO ugly;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Travis on May 25, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
this is kinda true
Quote from: Travis on May 25, 2017, 04:10:57 PM
i'll go a step farther and say that blue cheese is not only the worst condiment but THE ACTUAL WORST CHEESE TOO ugly;
idk American is the worst cheese to me

Then yeah probably stuff like bleu and limburger

Wait no the worse cheese is casu marzu then those cheeses

Mando Pandango

the smellier the cheese the more i want it in my mouth
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

everyone posting above me has bad taste

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 24, 2017, 11:08:23 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 11:02:30 PM
Ketchup is pointless on burgers and is only good for french fries (where it is important)

this is exactly the opposite of me

ketchup's only natural place is on a burger, but fries that require ketchup are sad, dry, unflavored potato strings

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 11:02:30 PM
dude artichokes are great but that I can understand since they're tricky to prepare, but asparagus are cheap and readily available at most grocery stores

i need to do some culinary experimenting with these two elusive vegetables
asparagus --- just fry that shit in a pan, horsemeat

artichoke- boil the artichokes in water with about half a lemon [S L I C E D] for like 45 minutes I think.... then peal the leaves off and dip the small ends in olive oil. truly delicious

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 08:55:13 PM
whiskey tastes okay but most hard liquor is gross
beer is pretty shitty but there's a few that i like anyways
wine can actually be good
cider is where it's at man
u and tec need to drink sour beers

Mando Pandango

YPrrrr

Kalahari Inkantation

May 25, 2017, 11:07:02 PM #57 Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:13:57 PM by Majorana's Mask
unpopular Fact™: you are demonstrably doing yourself a disservice when you consume caffeinated coffee on a daily basis

you are desensitizing yourself to caffeine, creating a mild dependency, and in the long term, nullifying the very stimulating/cognition-enhancing effect you seek

Quote from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00213-004-2097-yAcute caffeine withdrawal (ONW) had a number of negative effects, including impairment of cognitive performance, increased headache, and reduced alertness and clear-headedness. Caffeine (versus placebo) did not significantly improve cognitive performance in LTW participants [ie. frequent caffeinated coffee users], although it prevented further deterioration of performance in ONW participants.

thus when at any point you happen to miss your daily dose of caffeine, you perform measurably worse than you would have had you never started drinking coffee at all, all else equal

caffeinated coffee is most effective when used sparingly, but the body naturally downregulates with repeated exposure to stimulants and then you just become physically addicted

that being said, coffee is actually great for you:

Quote from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23344884Coffee, but not caffeine, has positive effects on cognition and psychomotor behavior in aging.

Quote from: http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/129/6/643.longModerate coffee consumption was inversely significantly associated with CVD risk, with the lowest CVD risk at 3 to 5 cups per day, and heavy coffee consumption was not associated with elevated CVD risk.

and to an extent, so is caffeine, even: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20182054

but addiction/withdrawal of any kind impair your performance

so consider decaf and consider using caffeine only when needed lol (i only ever force down a cup of coffee the night before a huge assignment is due or the morning of an exam or i have some other critical/urgent need to be maximally alert)

C.Mongler

fuck u ill drink caffeine all i want bitch

all the decaf flavors suck anway

Hiro

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on May 25, 2017, 05:56:15 PM
Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 08:55:13 PM
whiskey tastes okay but most hard liquor is gross
beer is pretty shitty but there's a few that i like anyways
wine can actually be good
cider is where it's at man
u and tec need to drink sour beers
i have, they're alright
also cheese isn't a fucking condiment goonish

Go Up