March 28, 2024, 11:35:30 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Muzak Edition

Started by YPrrrr, May 18, 2017, 03:08:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

I think Oracular Spectacular is just more consistent. Congratulations is all over the map in terms of quality. Really high highs and really low lows.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on May 24, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
I honestly remember next to nothing from that album but I'll give it a shot for you.

I just remember being bored by it.
i mean it's kinda low-key sounding for a lot of it but that's partly what I like about it, in fact despite the strokes having some pretty good songs it's the only time I've actually considered myself a strokes fan, as a whole the band is kinda dull
Have you listened to Angles? There are some pretty bombastic moments on there imo, especially the opening track hocuspocus;
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on May 24, 2017, 02:06:42 PM
Have you listened to Angles? There are some pretty bombastic moments on there imo, especially the opening track hocuspocus;
yeah I have once or twice, macchu picchu has a great riff but I don't remember too much else about the album aside from it just being okay

YPrrrr

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 02:00:49 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 24, 2017, 01:46:09 PM
Oracular Spectacular gets unfair criticism for having mass appeal imo. Even from the band itself. I love that album front to back

I love both that one and congratulations though so I don't mind picking one over the other. I hope their new album is a return to form but I doubt it.
I doubt it too, MGMT was a pretty bland album, though it has a few decent tracks. I like their first album and don't knock the mass appeal against it, I just really like Congratulations. I don't get why the band hates OS so much though that they seem to be making shit music now as a rejection of their success. Also Metanoia is gr8
ya I agree with pretty much all of this. Metanoia makes me miss drugs :(
Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on May 24, 2017, 02:05:49 PM
I think Oracular Spectacular is just more consistent. Congratulations is all over the map in terms of quality. Really high highs and really low lows.
Also agreed with this. Though I'm going to be blasting OS when I'm 50 and my kids think I'm lame talking about how this record changed my life

rdl

AAAAAAAA

rdl

its wrong, though

[youtube]-UHZ0ZEAA8c[/youtube]
i do like this track though

Samus Aran

i mean it is wrong but wildflower is a damn good album so i'm ok with that opinion

Samus Aran

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 24, 2017, 12:12:23 PMbrand new is terrible

this is only "unpopular" by normie standard for like...people ages 16 to 22 or so. it's pretty common and quite popular to hate on brand new lol

i like them a lot but i'm sure i'm in a minority here for that

TooB

I fuckin love people's music opinions

YPrrrr

TooB

AAAAAAAA

rdl

AAAAAAAA

Go Up