March 28, 2024, 04:48:01 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

things you need/want but can't currently afford

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 09, 2017, 09:14:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

• a minimum 1tb ssd
  • a minimum 4tb hdd

i foolishly thought my current 1.24tb would be far more than enough >.<

strongbad

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 28, 2018, 12:57:43 PM
  • a minimum 1tb ssd
  • a minimum 4tb hdd

what are you storing? maybe i trust the cloud too much but the only things i store on my ssd are videogames and apps. i get by comfortably with a 500gb ssd for windows and a 60gb for ubuntu (although i wish the latter was double in size in hindsight)

strongbad

also i keep foolishly browsing craigslist bicycles and seeing perfect bikes for the project that i want to build up. the following iteration has happened multiple times

- find perfect bike for perfect price ($50-$150 generally)
- email seller about bike
- seller and i arrange time to meet
- realize that i am unemployed and shouldn't start a project that will likely cost ~$300 overall especially when i probably won't use the bike until spring
- message seller saying sorry i need to back out

i've finally broken my daily habit of browsing craigslist :(

Silverhawk79

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 28, 2018, 01:13:47 PM
  • a minimum 1tb ssd
  • a minimum 4tb hdd

what are you storing? maybe i trust the cloud too much but the only things i store on my ssd are videogames and apps. i get by comfortably with a 500gb ssd for windows and a 60gb for ubuntu (although i wish the latter was double in size in hindsight)

it's really my puny 240gb ssd that's pressuring me to upgrade most, and all i'd intended to use that for is windows/essential programs/a handful of demanding games

it turns out that windows + essential programs takes up far more space than anticipated, leaving me with room for no more than maybe two large games at a time lol

which i guess i could work with but i don't like feeling so cramped, it's already forced me to install more programs and games than i'd like to to the hdd which kind of defeats the purpose of having an ssd in the first place, and as i now have just 30gb of free space remaining on that ssd it won't be very long until it's completely full anyway

if i had bough a 500gb ssd i'd be much more comfortable today, but if i'm going to upgrade now i may as well go for 1tb since prices seem to be dropping greatly

as for my 1tb hdd, it's not nearly as cramped yet, but with a 4tb drives now at ~$100 i may as well upgrade it too lol

i'd like to avoid paying for cloud services if i can >.<

reeper

Quote from: Magyarorszag on October 30, 2018, 02:56:13 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 28, 2018, 01:13:47 PM
  • a minimum 1tb ssd
  • a minimum 4tb hdd

it's really my puny 240gb ssd that's pressuring me to upgrade most, and all i'd intended to use that for is windows/essential programs/a handful of demanding games

it turns out that windows + essential programs takes up far more space than anticipated, leaving me with room for no more than maybe two large games at a time lol

which i guess i could work with but i don't like feeling so cramped, it's already forced me to install more programs and games than i'd like to to the hdd which kind of defeats the purpose of having an ssd in the first place, and as i now have just 30gb of free space remaining on that ssd it won't be very long until it's completely full anyway

if i had bough a 500gb ssd i'd be much more comfortable today, but if i'm going to upgrade now i may as well go for 1tb since prices seem to be dropping greatly

as for my 1tb hdd, it's not nearly as cramped yet, but with a 4tb drives now at ~$100 i may as well upgrade it too lol

i'd like to avoid paying for cloud services if i can >.<

How are you backing up your data's?

don't let's

Go Up