PoTD: In a war between Canada and an independent California, who would win? Why?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 06, 2017, 06:44:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Who would win?

Canada
1 (33.3%)
Independent California
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 06, 2017, 08:58:50 PM
a unified california police force will assume the role of military for this conflict
I mean that works as a joke but in reality it doesn't girl;

Kalahari Inkantation

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 06, 2017, 11:09:17 PM
And why doesn't it? scarecrowdood;
Canada would have a full airforce with jets and a navy at its disposal which California on its own does not possess. Actually come to think of it Canada could win simply by using incendiaries and targeting fresh water sources and power sources like the Hoover dam. California would be broken fairly easily

Hiro

I would assume that the Californian military would have an equivalent military in most regards to the US, proportional in size to that of either California's proportion of the US population or that of it's current contribution to the US Military

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on May 06, 2017, 11:23:08 PM
Canada would have a full airforce with jets and a navy at its disposal which California on its own does not possess. Actually come to think of it Canada could win simply by using incendiaries and targeting fresh water sources and power sources like the Hoover dam. California would be broken fairly easily

my instinct was to say that canada would win for about the same reasons

a large independent advanced country with proper armed forces vs. a newly independent state and its unified, militarized police force

and then canada (and its predecessor territories) has two centuries of military expertise behind it, fighting alongside the best of the best, with not a single loss in that time; while an independent california will have had no proper military experience whatsoever

canada, with the largest maritime border in the world, should naturally have an extremely well developed navy, right

geographically, it's sparse and frigid, so it would be very difficult to take over entirely, especially for arid desert folk like californians

So clearly Canada would win, right? befuddlement

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2017, 05:32:38 PM
Quote from: YPargh on May 06, 2017, 11:23:08 PM

my instinct was to say that canada would win for about the same reasons

a large independent advanced country with proper armed forces vs. a newly independent state and its unified, militarized police force

and then canada (and its predecessor territories) has two centuries of military expertise behind it, fighting alongside the best of the best, with not a single loss in that time; while an independent california will have had no proper military experience whatsoever

canada, with the largest maritime border in the world, should naturally have an extremely well developed navy, right

geographically, it's sparse and frigid, so it would be very difficult to take over entirely, especially for arid desert folk like californians

So clearly Canada would win, right? befuddlement
Yes Canada would win. Canada also has large supplies of freshwater and oil, which California does not. They would be worn down

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

all i can say is at least canada doesn't force auto manufacturers to put this on cars

and why nobody who works in commifornian branches at work removes these stickers baffles me

Kalahari Inkantation

i asked this question of my sister, figuring she could lend some insight as a california citizen

her response as to who would win: [glow=black,2,300]washington[/glow]

i lol'd

Kalahari Inkantation

California, 100%. Prove me wrong. srsly

Trudeaun't would even welcome, with open arms, the Khalif*rnian troops as refugees. ifeelbetter;

Go Up