April 15, 2024, 09:17:50 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MOIRO KRAT 8===========D™ General

Started by C.Mongler, April 26, 2017, 05:54:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i've seen three blue shells in one race a single time in the entirety of playing mario kart 8 lol; you would have to have been riding in the sweet spot distance gap for a while to get those sort of odds for a single lap

almost every course has easily accessible ledges/out-of-bounds access. it's not guaranteed sure, but it's an option more often than not from what i've experienced as long as you're paying attention to what items are out on the playing field

i wouldn't mind that being an option but it'd probably be just as broken as mario kart with items tbh lol

basically you would have to all be near equal skill levels to have a chance of winning, and then the winner would be determined by who fucked up the least after that lol. but i guess tis how it goes with traditional racers, but i wouldn't know i really only play mario kart.  I would say such a mode should include 3 mushrooms per racer for maximum strats.

my one wish is for nintendo to just bring back snaking that shit was silly but it was fun lol

YPrrrr

Well you dont even 200cc bro douchedood;

I don't agree that the player who messes up the least winning is "broken" that sounds like the logical conclusion to me lol. But ofc Mario kart is a party game that's meant to give everyone a chance and i get that. Doesn't make me any less infuriated when I lose lol

C.Mongler

i mean then play forza if ya wanna play forza

and i still contest 200cc is a meme but i play it online regularly lol

Kalahari Inkantation

200cc in original mk8 is gr8

but it sounds like it'd be an absolute nightmare in 8D myface;

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 10, 2017, 11:42:23 AM
i mean then play forza if ya wanna play forza

and i still contest 200cc is a meme but i play it online regularly lol
real cars are boring and I suck at the controls I want pretty colors to fulfill my childish wants and needs

We should play for boyah championship of the world

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPargh on July 10, 2017, 12:00:03 PM
real cars are boring and I suck at the controls I want pretty colors to fulfill my childish wants and needs

this is the truth

now if only mk8 and mk8d were cross-compatible online :'(

Hiro

the new cops 'n' robbers battle mode is fun

bluaki

Quote from: YPargh on July 09, 2017, 02:47:42 PM
Having 2 item slot isnt that useful when odds are very high one will end up being a coin and the other green shell/banana (or more rarely squeakybox or bomb). Meanwhile people behind you have greater odds of getting blue shells, lightning, red shells, triple red shells that will fuck you up
Adding to this, not being able to swap them (unlike Double Dash) is a big deal.

If you're holding onto one shell, then you run into an item block, you'll probably get a coin in the second slot. If you hit a double item box, you'll usually get one coin, and it'll be in the second slot half the time. You can't toss/consume the item in the second slot without losing your first item too.

If you really want two defensive items, you can risk it by tossing both and re-rolling at the next double item box. If you don't, someone in second place might have 2 red shells at once, or a Boo might steal your shell.

Even with double item boxes, occasionally you'll get zero defensive items thanks to Coin+Bomb.

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 10, 2017, 11:44:04 AM
200cc in original mk8 is gr8

but it sounds like it'd be an absolute nightmare in 8D myface;

Why would anything MK8D changed make 200cc in particular harder?

The AI is pretty much the same level of challenge in both 150cc and 200cc, so the item changes are equally significant in both.

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 10, 2017, 12:18:16 PM
now if only mk8 and mk8d were cross-compatible online :'(

MK8 isn't even cross-compatible with itself online iirc. DLC owners play with other DLC owners.

Kalahari Inkantation

just popping in to say mk8 is still the best, tbqhwyb

It's right up there with Mario Kart DS. wub;

[spoiler]

how's """deluxe""" tho ugly;[/spoiler]

Mando Pandango

Deluxe is just 8 + DLC but as a base game. It's great. I compltely agree with your post. 8 > DS > DD > who cares
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Go Up