March 28, 2024, 02:14:36 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MOIRO KRAT 8===========D™ General

Started by C.Mongler, April 26, 2017, 05:54:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 05, 2017, 07:26:37 AM
waluigi pinball is the best racing course nintendo has ever made across any of their racing game titles

THAT

FUCKIN'

THEME

[spoiler][youtube]TXglv5LIMZs[/youtube][/spoiler]

(i literally just realized wario stadium shares this music lmfao, but that's okay because that's probably the second best course nintendo has ever made)

it really is amazing

and the mario kart 8 remix does not do it justice

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt01mBZd-hY[/youtube]

it's just so weak in comparison to the original, and the main melody has been significantly simplified awdood;

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 05, 2017, 07:26:37 AM
(i literally just realized wario stadium shares this music lmfao, but that's okay because that's probably the second best course nintendo has ever made)

and wario stadium sucks because it doesn't live up to its music at all

i've always been disappointed when i end up wario stadium because it just reminds me that i could be in waluigi pinball

C.Mongler

i can't triple gold star 150cc special cup for the fucking life of me god dammit i almost threw my switch into a wall last night

making a single mistake in lap 3 of bowser's castle or rainbow road leads to you getting cucked by items and finishing in 7th place its the biggest dick in the ass GOD DAMMIT i just want to add this shit to my 'done' list

Kalahari Inkantation

does 8===D have 200cc mode like the original mk8 does

C.Mongler

yeah but i consider that a meme mode more than anything as it was clearly an afterthought and some courses (lookin at you neo bowser) are a god damn cluster fuck trying to play or even have fun on in 200cc

ive gotten gold cups on most 200 cc's but trying to triple gold star every cup on 200cc seems like a fucking nightmare that i dont want to have

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

lmao you're a fucking mad man m8

you did that without knowing you could brake & drift? how in the fuck lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i didn't realize that until i was all the way in 200cc neo bowser city

so i had three-star gilded the other 44 tracks without knowing that's it's possible to brake during a drift lol

but it probably would have been a lot easier to perfect the other courses if i had known that sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 02:23:54 AM
Between adding the Boo item and giving you two item slots without the ability to swap them, I think it'll be quite a bit harder to stay in first place in this game than it was in the original.

did this turn out to be true, by the way

i would have expected those changes to make staying in first significantly easier, actually

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 09:10:41 PM
This is the first time I have ever felt rumble while playing a Mario Kart game. I don't think I even realized the series uses rumble until today.

simply enlightening, isn't it

YPrrrr

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 08, 2017, 04:12:56 PM
Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 02:23:54 AM
Between adding the Boo item and giving you two item slots without the ability to swap them, I think it'll be quite a bit harder to stay in first place in this game than it was in the original.

did this turn out to be true, by the way

i would have expected those changes to make staying in first significantly easier, actually

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 09:10:41 PM
This is the first time I have ever felt rumble while playing a Mario Kart game. I don't think I even realized the series uses rumble until today.

simply enlightening, isn't it
Having 2 item slot isnt that useful when odds are very high one will end up being a coin and the other green shell/banana (or more rarely squeakybox or bomb). Meanwhile people behind you have greater odds of getting blue shells, lightning, red shells, triple red shells that will fuck you up

Kalahari Inkantation

So does it actually make first place less safe in MK8D? befuddlement

Quote from: YPargh on July 09, 2017, 02:47:42 PMand the other green shell/banana

but now you can use this to defend yourself, and in fact you have 2x the odds of getting an item that can be used defensively

in original mk8, you were limited to one item, and if it was a coin, then touch luck until the next item box, and god help you if you're in first by a small margin

C.Mongler

First place is far far FAR less safe in MK8D. If you are in first, there's something like a 70%+ chance one of your items will always be a coin. The other item is typically a banana, which isn't a perfect defensive item (i.e. you can still get hit by angled shells). Green shell is like 50%.

The problem isn't really what items you get though, it's what other people get. Now people in 8th place have twice the opportunity to get GLOBAL item destruction items (lightning bolt and Boo). So you can't really hold on to your items to use defensively for more than half a lap in most cases. Got lucky with the 5% chance of getting a super horn? well tough shit some dude just got a lightning bolt and now it's gone. oh, and now the guy behind you got a triple red shell and then ANOTHEr red shell ontop of that. oh and there was already a blue shell on its way. OH and now you're in 15th.

i mean its still fine for the most part, like it's not horse shitting god fucking awful like MKWii was (that game is unplayble IMO), but it makes winning a race a lot more of a chore in RNG (and smart RNG maniupulation) than it was in the Wii U version IMO. Best strat is to coast 1000-2000 mario kart units behind the race leader and stack up a god tier of items and then get to first within the last lap of the race. which has kind of always been the case but there's just so many items being fired off all the time now lol

YPrrrr

Ya what Cmongler said. I've figured out if you keep your coin and don't use it the odds of your second item also being a coin are pretty low. So I try to hold onto it until the next boxes if I didn't get a double box and then I'll use it after getting a shell/naner

But yeah like cmong said the problem is that lightning and boos jack your shit and blue shells can only reliably be stopped with the horn. Once you're hit you're a sitting duck and everyone behind you piles on with their items

C.Mongler

Yeah I've used that strat too, seems to work p well. I think Boo should be removed from the game entirely lol, or at least be set to only take a higher tier of items and/or never items from the first place guy. Lightning bolt should be nerfed too, but idk how; i guess a lower spawn rate. honestly i wouldnt cry too much if it was removed too lol theres a ton more ways to get into first now and it is kind of a relic of MK64 when if you were in last lightning bolt was your only chance of salvation; i think bullet bill does a better job

people who whine about blue shell are losers, they spawn super infrequently and there's plenty of strats to avoid/negate the damage (i always toss myself off the course in the nick of time cuz latiku has a slightly faster reset time than blue shell explosion, i think lol). i just think it should have a wider hitbox or make more of an effort to hit other players besides just the first place person because it rarely ever hits anyone else on it's flight path. but i think its a decent control from giving the race leader too much of an insurmountable lead; after a certain distance red shells literally can't do anything because there's too much of a chance to collect defensives and/or course obstacles they could hit, lightning bolt affects the entire race so it's gap close net sum is negligble, blooper obviously is shit, and anything else is pure fucking luck that relies on 1st place to be a dumbass

on the note of blooper too, what the fuck is that item??? its super counterintutive and should never be in another mario kart game lol. its a worse item than a coin, and it ONLY affects noob players. everyone else has courses down to muscles memory, and can drive with a giant ink cock on their screen anyway. da fuck nintendo

YPrrrr

Nah I've been hit by 3 blue shells in the same bloody lap.

The strats are all out of your hands requiring items or to be near a ledge. Or have second place be close enough to pass and dumb enough not to also hit their brakes. Fuck blue shells

I would prefer to race no items fox only final destination if possible :|

Go Up