April 19, 2024, 02:32:19 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MOIRO KRAT 8===========D™ General

Started by C.Mongler, April 26, 2017, 05:54:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 04:08:17 PM
Quote from: YPargh on April 28, 2017, 07:14:04 AM
Yeah I wasn't too thrilled they brought back the double item boxes. Yay more blue shells........... ..
imo the lightnings are more annoying than blue shells now

I seem to get hit by lightning a lot more in this game than I was on the Wii U version, like almost once per lap on average, and it makes me drop both my items and be vulnerable to an impending red shell that just happens to be chasing me awdood;

but since I'm starting with the easier/slower grand prix difficulties, I can get hit with a blue shell followed by a red shell, a blooper, a lightning, and then another red shell all in a row and still be in first place n_n

...I had that exact scenario happen last night in 50cc.
That's the kind of crap that made me want to throw my 3ds across the room when I was trying to 3 star all the mirror mode cups  n_n

bluaki

oh yeah, I forgot that clearing 150cc gives you free trophies in 50cc and 100cc

so I guess playing 50cc last night was pointless, other than giving me coins for the vehicle unlocks sillydood;

bluaki

This is the first time I have ever felt rumble while playing a Mario Kart game. I don't think I even realized the series uses rumble until today.

I never had an N64 Rumble Pak, I played Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii exclusively with the Wavebird, and I played Mario Kart 8 (U) exclusively with the Wii U Pro Controller. Switch's Pro Controller, in contrast, is the first time Nintendo's best controller for the generation actually supports rumble.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: bluaki on April 28, 2017, 09:10:41 PM
This is the first time I have ever felt rumble while playing a Mario Kart game. I don't think I even realized the series uses rumble until today.

I never had an N64 Rumble Pak, I played Double Dash and Mario Kart Wii exclusively with the Wavebird, and I played Mario Kart 8 (U) exclusively with the Wii U Pro Controller. Switch's Pro Controller, in contrast, is the first time Nintendo's best controller for the generation actually supports rumble.
now you are officially a gamer

TooB

I had a customer ask me if he had to buy another set of joycons to play multiplayer in this.

I would HOPE you can use one of the systems defining features of splitting the joycons, to play the systems defining multiplayer port.

TooB

Man, you'd think that with all this Mario Kart promotion stuff going on at target, that Nintendo came out with a NEW mario kart game

bluaki

Quote from: Big Goop on April 30, 2017, 06:56:11 AM
Man, you'd think that with all this Mario Kart promotion stuff going on at target, that Nintendo came out with a NEW mario kart game
It is NEW

in the same sense as New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL, and New Super Mario Bros hocuspocus;

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on April 30, 2017, 10:27:19 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on April 30, 2017, 06:56:11 AM
It is NEW

in the same sense as New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 2DS XL, and New Super Mario Bros hocuspocus;
yeah, "new."

The quotes are Nintendo's new marketing strategy

YPrrrr

It's always the damn 3rd race in mirror and 200 where I get gangbanged right before the finish line. Every time I have a squeaker box I get hit by lightning right before the blue shell hits  madood;

C.Mongler

item balance in this one seems weird. like it's not like MKWii levels of terrible, but it seems more off than MK8 vanill was. probably has a lot to do with double item boxes tho. i seem to get pelted with red shells every fucking 10 seconds

C.Mongler

this game is funzo i hope nintendo uses it as a platform and releases some more DLC track packs

honestly port every level from DS cuz that one had the best levels if we are being honest

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

waluigi pinball is the best racing course nintendo has ever made across any of their racing game titles

THAT

FUCKIN'

THEME

[youtube]TXglv5LIMZs[/youtube]

(i literally just realized wario stadium shares this music lmfao, but that's okay because that's probably the second best course nintendo has ever made)

strongbad

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up