March 28, 2024, 07:59:41 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

TIL it's actually called PROG rock and not PRAGUE rock.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 25, 2017, 10:13:50 AM

previous topic - next topic

Am I an idiot?

Yes.
6 (66.7%)
Ano. (No, not a-no. 'Ano' is Czech (and Slovak - NEVER forget Slovakia) for 'yes'.)
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 03, 2017, 12:40:59 PM
tec have you even listened to prog rock lol

Yes.

And to be honest, I think rock is actually the single worst """genre""" in music.

I know you people like to say 'haha i like anything except country haha xD XD', but let's be serious:

1. If you say that unironically, you're an idiot.

2. It really should be rock.

Let's take a fuck;ing look at """rock""" """""music"""""". Take a look at one of the most popular rock """bands""": Radiohead.

The name """rock""" implies """music""" you can """rock""" out to - but who the fuck; actually wants to rock out to some whiny depressing ponytail-wearing succboi wailing over beats that sound like they were made by Aphex Twin's retarded half-brother who likes arbitrarily putting guitar over things? killyourself;

If I ever want to kill myself but can't quite commit, all I have to do to push me over the edge is listen to Kid A. If one of the most popular bands in a genre makes me want to ,... how could it possibly be a good genre? goonish

Kalahari Inkantation

also,

also I thought it was named due to the songs having a sense of progression through them

lol

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 03, 2017, 04:29:18 PM
tec have you even listened to prog rock lol

Yes.

And to be honest, I think rock is actually the single worst """genre""" in music.

I know you people like to say 'haha i like anything except country haha xD XD', but let's be serious:

1. If you say that unironically, you're an idiot.

2. It really should be rock.

Let's take a fuck;ing look at """rock""" """""music"""""". Take a look at one of the most popular rock """bands""": Radiohead.

The name """rock""" implies """music""" you can """rock""" out to - but who the fuck; actually wants to rock out to some whiny depressing ponytail-wearing succboi wailing over beats that sound like they were made by Aphex Twin's retarded half-brother who likes arbitrarily putting guitar over things? killyourself;

If I ever want to kill myself but can't quite commit, all I have to do to push me over the edge is listen to Kid A. If one of the most popular bands in a genre makes me want to ,... how could it possibly be a good genre? goonish
this is my favorite post of all time
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Thyme

that has to be a copypasta with boyah emotes added in
there's no way tec even knows about radiohead and aphex twin

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Thyme on May 03, 2017, 06:04:41 PM
that has to be a copypasta with boyah emotes added in
there's no way tec even knows about radiohead and aphex twin
aw man it is

i'm disappointed tbh
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 03, 2017, 05:31:24 PM
is radiohead even a rock band past ok computer
what about hail to the thief

what about in rainbows

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on May 03, 2017, 02:44:31 PM
do the songs not have a structure which progresses as opposed to repetition?

lol'd yet again

Hiro

Tbh in rainbows is the only Radiohead album I really care about anymore

YPrrrr

Oh can we finally shit on Radiohead together instead of pretending it's the defining music of our era

snoorkel

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 14, 2018, 08:52:54 AMOh can we finally shit on Radiohead together instead of pretending it's the defining music of our era
Ok listen

Hiro

I mean I don't really think they're shit either they're just... a good band. They've been somewhat influential though probably not at much as they should have been given their popularity.
Also the Mars Volta was mostly pretty good

Samus Aran

i never actually got into the mars volta all that much but i liked de-loused well enough. good album.

radiohead on the other hand i still really like a lot tbh, but my radiohead phase has long since ended so i don't really actively listen to them anymore. maybe i'll throw kid a on the turntable tonight for old time's sake. i still legitimately really like kid a and in rainbows a lot

Go Up