April 18, 2024, 06:14:57 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nier (Automata)

Started by TooB, March 19, 2017, 05:00:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Discuss either Nier, if you played it or plan to, and Nier Automata if you are playing it.

TAG YOUR SPOILERS GODDAMMIT

Kalahari Inkantation

mild interest, more like curiosity about its relation to automata lol

if i end up truly loving automata enough, i might go back and play the original, but i'm not going to make the original a priority when automata isn't directly connected to it and is universally agreed to be a simply better game

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on March 19, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

if i end up truly loving automata enough, i might go back and play the original, but i'm not going to make the original a priority when automata isn't directly connected to it and is universally agreed to be a simply better game
yeah, they say you can play automata completely seperate.

I've completed one playthrough, and so far, nothing really connects the 2 aside from a few returning characters that don't really do anything (yet). But if you were familiar with Yoko Taro games, there IS an explanation on why.

yes, original nier is clunky, is dragged out by fetch quests and backtracking, but is still so worth it (if you are able to work with the game and it's issues). I know a lot of people say that about many games ("look past it's flaws, and it's great") but that is like, the epitome of Nier. It's so worth it, I think.

I bet after I get all the main endings in Nier Automata, there's probably a bigger connection to Nier later

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on March 19, 2017, 05:04:53 PM

I still really want Kaz to play Nier, especially because he was about to while I was on vacation, and never did.

Thyme

idk it's on my amazon wishlist lol

Commander Fuckass

I've been playing it, and I love it. So far it's my GOTY (might even stay GOTY since there arent many games coming out this year that peak my interest outside of Persona 5 and Fire Emblem Echoes)

I love that it combines multiple genres into one. [spoiler]especially the shootem up parts[/spoiler]
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Dp...

[spoiler]  I love the shoot em up parts. They were sort of there in the original, but I love that they ran with it here. [/spoiler]

TooB

2nd playthrough completed. One more, and I should be able to get all remaining main endings.

C.Mongler

i will probs pick this up when i get paid at the end of this month

TooB

TooB

Ok, play through 3 and ending c obtained.

Now it's just cleanup, and the other two endings!

The last fight is amazing. It's so heavy. I swear, this game is 10/10 for me

TooB

Lol, I just got followed on my Twitter by the voice of 2b

I have no idea why

strongbad

Had no idea or interest in this game and then I watched dunkeys vid and now I rly want it :(

C.Mongler

only

two

more

daaaaays

unless i get persona 5 instead lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 27, 2017, 06:28:46 PM
Had no idea or interest in this game and then I watched dunkeys vid and now I rly want it :(
Really? I was pretty sure I didn't want it and then saw that video and opinion was intensified.

Then again dunkey is just a goof so I probably shouldn't rely too heavily on that girl;

Go Up