April 20, 2024, 07:11:44 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Witness

Started by Mando Pandango, February 05, 2017, 01:26:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

February 05, 2017, 01:26:01 AM Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 01:32:44 AM by ????????????????????????????
holy shit this game is RAD. i've never had so much fun being so goddamn frustrated

I'm at this swampy area right now that's teaching me how to add this tetris block shit to the puzzles and it's melting my fucking brain. Hardest mechanic I've come across BY FAR.

According to Steam the only one of you who's played it is sloopyjambo and he probably ain't gonna read this thread so go play The Witness and get back to me thanks
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Thyme

nah fam i played it on ps4 i loved it

Mando Pandango

I think this game may have finally stumped me.

[spoiler=spoils I guess?]From what I can tell, I have two areas left, the town and the temple-like thing right next to it with the red trees and such. The temple has me baffled from the beginning. There are three diamond 3x3s that I've no clue how to solve. I got the first one on what seems like a fluke. I based it on the inside of the temple, just opposite it if you were to look through a wall, there's a crude orange marking which I attempted to copy and it happened to be right, but it was a stretch. I also noticed that behind this first puzzle that I solved, in the garden, the rocks are in the shape of the solution. However, neither of these apply to the other two. So what the fuck.

I've done everything important in the town EXCEPT for the 3x3 square panel that looks like the aforementioned diamonds. Again, I can't find how to solve it. What the fuck.[/spoiler]

This is especially frustrating because I've solved EVERYTHING so far, all 9 areas, all by myself. Fuck.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...!Pop"icl...! on February 05, 2017, 10:17:39 PM
I think this game may have finally stumped me.

[spoiler=spoils I guess?]From what I can tell, I have two areas left, the town and the temple-like thing right next to it with the red trees and such. The temple has me baffled from the beginning. There are three diamond 3x3s that I've no clue how to solve. I got the first one on what seems like a fluke. I based it on the inside of the temple, just opposite it if you were to look through a wall, there's a crude orange marking which I attempted to copy and it happened to be right, but it was a stretch. I also noticed that behind this first puzzle that I solved, in the garden, the rocks are in the shape of the solution. However, neither of these apply to the other two. So what the fuck.

I've done everything important in the town EXCEPT for the 3x3 square panel that looks like the aforementioned diamonds. Again, I can't find how to solve it. What the fuck.[/spoiler]

This is especially frustrating because I've solved EVERYTHING so far, all 9 areas, all by myself. Fuck.
goddammit, i was overthinking so much of this. everything about it. god.

C.Mongler

i was gonna buy it but then i found out johnathan blow sympathies with nazis so i decided to take a hard pass

Hiro

that game is p. up on my steam wishlist

Mando Pandango

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 07, 2017, 06:01:26 AM
i was gonna buy it but then i found out johnathan blow sympathies with nazis so i decided to take a hard pass
i just looked into this and boy are you reaching hard to get to this conclusion

C.Mongler

not really. if you're an actual nazi, you know, the kind that would be committing actual ethnic cleansings if they had majority approval, then you probably deserve to be punched in the fucking head. i'm not going to make any sorry ass "but it's their RIGHT" arguments to legitimize their platform as these mother fuckers would be murdering people with a smile if they thought for a minute they could get away with it.

now blow has the right to assert that actual nazis deserve to have their own voice and platform, that's his own prerogative, and that's literally what he did; he was sympathetic to what he consideres a nazi's inalienable right. but i'm not going to apologize for holding my moral barometer slightly above "actual nazis are scared for their safety!!". fuck em. i want them to be scared.

Thyme

did you beat it yet popsi

Mando Pandango

Thyme

Mando Pandango

Hey mongo you can buy it now and have your money go to the aclu instead of nazi man

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

Thyme

Go Up