April 18, 2024, 02:52:35 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nioh

Started by TooB, January 21, 2017, 12:02:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Just completed the level of my nightmares

Joice

i'm apparently not good at these kinds of games. i probably died like 4685132 times on the first boss, including leading up to it lol

i wish my husband would carry me thru this game like he did in dark souls :V

Nyerp

finally got this, will play later

Nyerp

i just beat umi-bozu and the game is great but i think i'm about to run out of elixirs and you can't buy them??? they have a blood vial system but they don't let you spend souls to get them a.k.a. the thing that kept bloodborne from being a horrible constant grind?????

TooB

That's why healer blessing is a godsend.

Nyerp

i had that blessing on for most of the level and barely got anything

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 05, 2017, 08:36:04 PM
i had that blessing on for most of the level and barely got anything
bad luck?

Nyerp

still playing this lmao. i think i just unlocked the final level and i'm glad i did because christ this game is repetitive. i'm bordering on considering it a 7 or an 8 because it's fast and fun but the enemy pool is so tiny that you're fighting the same 10 enemies in EVERY level and you stop having to learn new enemies like 15 hours in. also the levels mostly come in 3 main varieties: foresty outside area, big cave, and japanese castle. some levels mix these parts together but for the most part they're pretty samey. i have to take multi-day breaks just to refresh my interest in playing this lol

TooB

Hmm. Sounds like Dark Souls.

[spoiler]this'll be fun [/spoiler]

Nyerp

no. souls games usually introduce at least one new enemy type per area while nioh introduces a new type maybe every 5 missions and then just stops. also souls games have "themed" enemies that fit the environment they're in instead of slapping the same yokai in every single area with few exceptions

TooB

Samus Aran

I mean Nyerp's right about Souls, that series never really had particularly small enemy variety

wawi

Quote from: Nyerp on April 03, 2017, 03:06:45 PM
no. souls games usually introduce at least one new enemy type per area while nioh introduces a new type maybe every 5 missions and then just stops. also souls games have "themed" enemies that fit the environment they're in instead of slapping the same yokai in every single area with few exceptions

I like the direction they went with this game, but this is by far the biggest complaint I have heard. I would get it but I have bought the soul series since demon souls and just never play long enough

TooB

Someone deleted my post......

I know who.......

Go Up