April 18, 2024, 06:53:11 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

52 Games in 52 Weeks 2017!

Started by C.Mongler, January 03, 2017, 05:17:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

What's gucci Boyah; I'm stealing this idea from GAF cuz it seems neat. Being your resident non-game player i fully expect I won't meet the challenge of completing 52 games in the 52 weeks of this year, but i figured it'd be a neat thread we can keep going for something to talk about, i dunno. It works like this: you post in this thread as your claim post. throughout the year you update said post to include a list of the games you're currently working on, followed by a list of games that you beat, the date you beat it, the estimated time it took you to do so, and then a little paragraph about what you thought about it. so like this:

1. Gears of My Asshole 6 - 1/3/2017 - 10 hours 26 minutes
Wow, what an amazing game. Really takes me back to the assholes of yesteryear. I really liked how they upgraded the dildo system in this one, it was quite the treat.

ANYWAY RESERVE YOUR SPOT

C.Mongler

January 03, 2017, 05:19:11 PM #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:32:36 PM by C.Mongler
C.MONGLER'S GAME LIST:

Currently on the Docket:
-Nier: Automat
-Destiny 2

Further Down The Line Goals
-Yakuza 0
-LEgend of Zelda (NES)
-Witcher 3 Expansions
-Ratchet & Clank (ps4)
-Tony Hawk 5 (lel)
-Dragon's Dogma
-Some of my N64 collection

1. Gears of War 4 - 1/12/2017 - About 11 hours
Wasn't bad, was totally a Gears game though. Liked a lot of the new environments and action pieces. Played on normie like I usually do on solo, and even though Gears normally is notoriously easy, this game took it to a new level of easy; didn't feel remotely challenged at any point in the game. Ending was cool in a "ooOOOOOHHH that's neat I see I see" way, but totally is like HEH GET READY FOR GEARS 5 IN 2019 BROS. Would recommend if you like Gears, won't change your mind if you don't.

2. Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - 1/16/2017 - About 3 hours
Damn, what a fine game. Was unique, looked nice, didn't linger too long, and had a really touching story despite being a really short game. Would recommend

3. Until Dawn - 1/17/2017 - About 9 hours
Played through this with my GF basically over the weekend. She loves horror movies and this was basically the first video game I've ever gotten her to play, so that was cool. Our ending was kind of shit, so I do kind of want to play it again, but overall I thought it was a fun game; had some genuine spooks at some points  madood;

4. Kirby: Planet Robobot - 1/23/2017 - 6 Hours
Man this game ruled. One of my favorite 3ds games and Kirby games. I didn't 100% it but I might go back and do it just cuz it was that damn fun. Dang.

5. Sonic the Hedgehog - 1/26/2017 - About 2 Hours
Yes, the Genesis original. I never have actually beaten it until now lol. I played through on my 3DS, using save states tbh, cuz god damn this game is tuff as hell. I would have spent weeks trying to beat this shit otherwise lol

6. Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 2/11/2017 - 8 hours 49 minutes
I love this game. It's not perfect by any means but it does a lot of stuff right. Really interested to see where they take this type of resident evil, I think a sequel could potentially nail it. Overall it's just first person resident evil lol, the enivronments are creepy as fuck, the sound design is top notch, and the story, while once again wasn't perfect, at least made sense and was kind of cool almost. Wish there was more enemy design as it's basically three variations of the same baddie all game, and it was a little short for my taste, but still great. Kind of want to do a few fast runs of new game +

7. Bloodborne - 2/24/2017 - i dont fuckin know probably 50 hours
man what a FUCKIN' GAME. one of my favorite games of all time. i still have some shit to do (the dlc for example), so i made a save backup and plan to come back to this at some point, but man what a perfectly crafted experience IMO. considering doing a NG+ on this one tbh

8. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 3/27/2017 - about 45 hours
great great great GREAT fucking game, made me really excited about playing games again. definitely some issues with some parts of this game, but overall, it's the most refreshing zelda has been in a long long time. will probably keep playing this on the bus since i don't have anything else to play on my switch lol

9. Mario Kart 8 D - 5/24/2017 - about 15 hours
got triple gold stars on all 12 cups so i'm counting it lol. great game, but i feel like double items fucked with the balance a little bit. the game felt a lot easier in the wii u days and now i get cucked on lap 3 like 25% of the time. or i'm just bad, i dunno. will keep playing this for sure tho time to rok online

10. Pokemon Sun - 6/22/2017 - 24 hours and 44 minutes
FUCKING FINALLY; i started this shit in november 2016 lol. got distracted when the switch came out and never finished it, but finally wrapped back around. was a very fun pokemon IMO, probably in my top 3. the story was kinda goofy, but the setting, pokemens, and charcters were all top notch. kinda excited to see what ultra sun is about, might buy it when it comes out we'll see.

11. Cave Story + - 7/17/2017 - About 7 hours?
Fun game, one of my favorite platforms, but i fucked up getting the best ending, oopsies. also i forgot just how fucking hard the end of that game gets, it took me forever to clear the final cave and the last boss (which consists of 4 bosses and then dodging falling, random debree that can instakill you practically). i probably would have had a stroke if i had to withstand the PERFICT final boss so maybe its for the best.

12. Persona 5 - 8/6/2017 - About 100 hours
HOLY FUCK FUCKING FINALLY. i've been playing this game since its launch. jesus christ. i'm so happy to finally be done, but i will say, it's a weird feeling. i definitely do have some criticisms about this game, but I think overall it was still a really good game. i just wish some characters would shut the fuck up sometime.

13. Wolfenstein: The New Order - 8/16/2017 - About 10 hours
Was quite fun, however I think I lost a bit playing this after experiencing Doom 2016 because Doom blows this shit out of the water and makes it look like some cheap french whore. Also the last part of the game was very unsatisfying IMO. Kind of just want to get The Old Blood out of the way but I think I might play something else first as some parts of this game were starting to annoy me and I figure The Old Blood is probs more of the same.

14. Metroid: Samus Returns - 9/29/2017 - 10 hours 17 minutes
V fun return to a 2D Metroid, however some inherent aged designs of Metroid II and some assssssssssssss controls made it not as enjoyable as it could have been IMO. Still definitely worth a playthrough if you are a fan of Metroidzvanias or whatever they are called these days.

15. Golden Sun - 10/3/2017 - About 21 hours
Finally beat what I spent most of September playing. Was very fun, though kind of dated; I'm curious if the Lost Age fixes some of the gripes I had with the game. Story was kinda hard to follow at points, but made sense once I read a plot synopsis lol. Wish the ending had a bit more oomph too.

16. Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland - 10/6/2017 - About 2.5 hours
Eh, it was okay. Mostly I just think it hasn't aged very well; playing this off the back of the phenomenal Planet Robobot didn't do it any favors. Level design is very simple, and the controls felt very stiff and unintuitive in comparison to Robobot. The only reason I ever had trouble in the game is when I kept trying to use directional attacks since this game doesn't have any. Granted, still a classic, and glad I finally got the chance to give the GBA remake a shot, but man I definitely prefer the more modern, action focused Kirby games to the older, casual platforming ones, wew

17. Super Mario Odyssey - 11/4/2017 - About 25 hours
If you've played this game you probably know, I don't really know what the "ending" is per se, so i'm going with the original credits, and am still working on clearing more moons and shit. This game is fucking PHENOMINAL tho, god damn. probably my goty honestly. mario just feels so nice to control, the levels are just perfectly designed, and the fact that they hid SOOOOO much shit in every one is crazy. great fucking game man

18. Call of Duty WWII - 12/21/2017 - About 8 hours?
I don't really know why I decided to play this. Cuz I bought it I guess? I dunno. It was alright, but exactly waht you'd fucking expect from a doody game. The campaign had a lot of moments where I thought it was gonna take a nuanced, dark and realistic take on WWII, but then it's like BUT WE'RE HEROES AND BRUDDERS AND AMERICA IS FREEDOM GET EM BOYYSSS and then it just kind of goes back to being a souless shootemall fest. multiplayer is still aight tho i guess

19. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions - 12/21/2017 - 21 hours, 36 minutes
Finally beat this one, been playing since it came out in October. I really enjoyed this game and will probably give the other Mario RPG games a shot down the line. That said, some of the later enemies became super fucking annoying as the game kind of just devolved into a rhythm/bullet hell game where you had to try everything once and die to remember patterns to actually clear the enemy. still real fun tho, defnitely enjoyed most of the game otherwise. oh and i didnt touch any of the bowser's minion shit lel

TooB

January 03, 2017, 06:02:53 PM #2 Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:40:03 PM by Big Goop
BIG GOOP'S GAME LIST

-The Last Guardian
-King's Quest
-Wild Guns Reloaded
-Trails of Cold Steel 2

Completed
-]Drakengard (1-5-17)   10-12 hours
If you can look past its flaws, its worth your time. Fuck the final boss.
-Kirby Triple Deluxe (1-14-17) about 6-7 hours?
It's Kirby. But it's up there.

Nyerp

literally who has time to actually play that many games

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on January 03, 2017, 07:22:09 PM
play really short games

C.Mongler

i have no fucking idea, like i said, 0% chance i reach that myself. on GAF there are people whose lists are at like 6 games already and I'm just like, how in the fuck its the god damned THIRD

but yeah, more or less just do it as a means of keeping track of what ya played in 2017; no pressure to actually beat 52 games lol

ME##

My current list of game shows

Uncharted 4
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Shadow of Modor
Metal Gear Solid V

Commander Fuckass

January 03, 2017, 10:41:51 PM #7 Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:11:16 AM by Commander Fuckass
DP's List:

Dishonored (currenty working on)
Dishonored 2
Titanfall 2
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Battlefied 1
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Rise of the Tomb Raider
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

I guess this is possible for me if I only play really short games, but I don't think I have 52 really short games I really wanna finish lol.

C.Mongler

i should have stolen everything from GAF but the name lol idgaf how many u beat GUUYYSS

TooB

Am I the only one who understood?

I guess David and DP too?

Nyerp

January 05, 2017, 10:23:39 AM #11 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:05:11 AM by Nyerp
ok fine here's my list:

1. Rise of the Tomb Raider - 1/5/17 - at least 20 hours
2. Final Fantasy XV - 1/25/17 - 58:37:47
3. Pokemon Sun - 2/6/17 - 52:00:00
4. The Last Guardian - 2/9/17 - 15 hours or less
5. Resident Evil 5 - 2/18/17 - 11:09:48
6. Kirby Planet Robobot - 2/26/17 - idk it's short
7. Nioh - 4/5/17 - 55 hours
8. Breath of the Wild - 5/7/17 - 86 hours
9. Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - 5/7/17 - 5 hours
10. Nier (1st playthrough) - 5/16/17 - 27:34:28
11. Gravity Rush 2 - 5/26/17 - 34:32:02
12. Kingdom Hearts DDD HD - 6/4/17 - 25:53
13. Kingdom Hearts 0.2 BBS (idk if i can even count this) - 6/7/17 - 3:35:01
14. NieR: Automata - 6/19/17 - 52:02:14
15. Strider (2014) - 6/25/17 - 8:03:39
16. The Unfinished Swan - 7/3/17 - idk 4 hours
17. Crash Bandicoot - 7/5/17 - no idea
18. Crash Bandicoot 2 - 7/7/17 - 13-15 hours to 100%
19. Spyro 3 - 7/9/17 - no idea
20. Crash Bandicoot 3 - 7/14 - 8 hours
21. Darksiders - 7/19 - 16:00:56
22. Mega Man - 7/25 - idk
23. Ratchet & Clank (2016) - 8/1 - 12 hours or so
24. Mega Man 2 - 8/8 - asdfghjkl;
25. Sonic Mania - 8/17 - 3 or 4 hours
26. Mega Man 3 - 8/18 - ;lkjhgfdsa
27. Severed - 8/23 - 7:00:XX
28. Mega Man 4 - 9/3 - eeeeeeeee
29. Thumper - 9/18 - 8 or so hours
30. Knack - 9/24 - a little too long
31. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 10/7 - a very long time
32. Danganronpa V3 - 10/14 - WHY DON'T ALL GAMES HAVE PLAYTIME COUNTERS
33. Mega Man 5 - 10/21
34. InFAMOUS: SECOND SON - 10/27
35. Dead Space - 11/5 - 12:35:30
36. Tomb Raider: Legend - 11/17 - 8:07:02
37. Super Mario Odyssey - 11/22
38. Mega Man 6 - 12/3
39. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - 12/8 - 5:40
40. Mega Man Powered Up - 12/17

Currently playing/plan to play:

-Kid Icarus: Uprising

Hiro

Uh alright
Working on:

The Last Guardian
Pokemon Sun
The Last of Us

Need to work on next:
Grim Fandango
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect
BioShock

strongbad

Rocket League
Overwatch
Street Fighter 2

don't let's

Probably just depends on what somebody considers beating the game. For a lot of games the campaigns or story modes are 5-20 hours long probably averaging around the 10 hour mark or less if you're not trying to 100% it or do a lot of the side stuff. If you're just focused on making it to the end and beating the boss or whatever is at the end, then most games are pretty short.

Go Up