April 18, 2024, 12:14:51 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite Games of 2016

Started by TooB, December 23, 2016, 10:15:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

December 23, 2016, 10:15:53 AM Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:21:23 AM by Big Goop
We're near that time of year

Pick your favorite games of 2016.
No top tens, no limit.
Just list any game you loved

TooB

December 23, 2016, 10:29:05 AM #1 Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 10:58:12 AM by Big Goop
For me it's....

Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Doom
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Uncharted 4
Dark Souls 3
Dragon Quest VII
Overwatch
Street Fighter V
Wild Guns Reloaded
Blazblue Central Fiction
Final Fantasy XV
Megadimension Neptunia VII
Trails of Cold Steel 2
Project Diva X
Dragon Quest Builders

Commander Fuckass

Witcher III Blood and Wine
FFXV
Pokemon Moon
Fire Emblem Conquest
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest VII
Uncharted 4
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Since I tend to wait for games to go down in price few these are actually 2016 releases, but they're all games I played this year and they're all strong recommendations.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Solid RPG. I haven't played much of the other ones and quite frankly I didn't like what I played of Origins. This one got me hooked for a good 60h, as games involving running around looking for loot usually do. Admittedly I'm the casuallest of casuals and not much of a strategist, so I played on easy.

Bloodborne
It-it's Bloodborne. Sony's one and so far only system seller. It's p. good. awdood;

Tearaway Unfolded
Most adorbs game this generation. Had a big smile on my face most of the time I was playing it. It drags a little bit towards the end, tho.

Tales from the Borderlands
Honestly, this is probably my favorite Borderlands game. Being a fan of the series helps, though. The Borderlands universe would be incomplete without this game, in my opinion. It fleshes it out to the point of giving it a whole new dimension.

Doom (1993)
Had to try it. And yeah, it's great.

Fallout 4
It definitely has flaws. Robbing me from the way I wanted to finish the game is definitely one. But it also got me hooked for over 80 hours, so it must have done something well. Uh... I liked the weapon crafting and stuff.

Life is Strange
;_;

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Great gunplay. And a surprisingly engaging narrative, to boot.

The Witness
THESE FUCKING YELLOW BLOCK PUZZLES MAN
But yeah, I really liked it. It really is just a bunch of line puzzles, but the world sucked me right in.

Metal Gear Solid V
Almost didn't put this one on the list. Its incomplete state put a bitter taste in my mouth. But I do remember I had a great time while I was playing it. Particularly good gameplay for an MGS game. Particularly bad story[telling] for an MGS game.

Soma
Some would say the complete opposite of MGS V... but I didn't think the gameplay was that bad either. Very good sci-fi story involving AI and the nature of consciousness, and while admittedly the monster-avoiding stuff isn't as elaborate as in Amnesia, I thought it was pretty solid for what it was, and clever too with some of the monsters. But hey, speaking of solid monster-avoiding stuff:

Alien: Isolation
Oh man. Loved this one. Played on Easy (there's a Very Easy, in my defence) and it still gave me thrills, and a hard time on some parts. It's not that spoopy, but it's definitely stressful, in a good way. The events are engaging too, although I didn't really care for the NPCs, just for what would happen to Amanda (the PC). It's crazy immersive as well, and made me more interested in the Alien universe (I hadn't seen the first two films, and it made me want to watch the first one immediatly after beating it). Now that I've seen Alien, I can say it's also a near-perfect recreation of the setting and the atmosphere of the film.

Doom (2016)
badass
Most energetic, adrenaline-fueled game I've played in years, all categories. Possibly ever? I'd have to think about it.
I did play Classic Doom earlier this year to prepare me for this, but honestly, it wasn't necessary. This is a game for people who like action. You like action, you'll love this. Oh, and it has #thymemusic.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
What a nice way to end the year. A bit of a book end too, considering I started with DA:I. I'm far from done with it (level 16, 30 hours in), but this is already a solid contender for #thymeGOTY along with Alien: Isolation.
I was worried about the combat at first since the little bit of Witcher 2 I played left a bad impression on me, but no, it's very solid in this one. Challenging at first for sure, but you get used to it and you unlock buffs that you can adapt to your fighting style along the way anyway. I like fighting in this one, I look for fights.
And dem graphics. It's a gorgeous game set in a beautiful (yet dreary) world. Sometimes I'll get of my horse just to run around by foot. And it's of course, a game involving running around for loot. I'm definitely a sucker for those.
Can't really say I care about Gwent tho.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

overwatch

stardew valley

i think thats it

ME##

Uncharted 4
American Truck Simulator
Animal Crossing
I um idk a

silvertone

I :CLAPPING EMOJI: BOUGHT :CLAPPING EMOJI: NO:CLAPPING EMOJI: GAMES :CLAPPING EMOJI:RELEASED:CLAPPING EMOJI: IN :CLAPPING EMOJI: 2:CLAPPING EMOJI:0:CLAPPING EMOJI:1:CLAPPING EMOJI:6

Thyme

Quote from: SVT on December 23, 2016, 01:04:32 PM
I :CLAPPING EMOJI: BOUGHT :CLAPPING EMOJI: NO:CLAPPING EMOJI: GAMES :CLAPPING EMOJI:RELEASED:CLAPPING EMOJI: IN :CLAPPING EMOJI: 2:CLAPPING EMOJI:0:CLAPPING EMOJI:1:CLAPPING EMOJI:6

did u play anything from previous years tho

Nyerp

here's my Top 5!:

1. Dark Souls 3
2. Dishonored 2
3. Uncharted 4
4. Unravel
5. Furi

[spoiler]these are the only 2016 games i played this year[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Thyme on December 23, 2016, 11:59:44 AM
Since I tend to wait for games to go down in price few these are actually 2016 releases, but they're all games I played this year and they're all strong recommendations.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
Solid RPG. I haven't played much of the other ones and quite frankly I didn't like what I played of Origins. This one got me hooked for a good 60h, as games involving running around looking for loot usually do. Admittedly I'm the casuallest of casuals and not much of a strategist, so I played on easy.

Bloodborne
It-it's Bloodborne. Sony's one and so far only system seller. It's p. good. awdood;

Tearaway Unfolded
Most adorbs game this generation. Had a big smile on my face most of the time I was playing it. It drags a little bit towards the end, tho.

Tales from the Borderlands
Honestly, this is probably my favorite Borderlands game. Being a fan of the series helps, though. The Borderlands universe would be incomplete without this game, in my opinion. It fleshes it out to the point of giving it a whole new dimension.

Doom (1993)
Had to try it. And yeah, it's great.

Fallout 4
It definitely has flaws. Robbing me from the way I wanted to finish the game is definitely one. But it also got me hooked for over 80 hours, so it must have done something well. Uh... I liked the weapon crafting and stuff.

Life is Strange
;_;

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Great gunplay. And a surprisingly engaging narrative, to boot.

The Witness
THESE FUCKING YELLOW BLOCK PUZZLES MAN
But yeah, I really liked it. It really is just a bunch of line puzzles, but the world sucked me right in.

Metal Gear Solid V
Almost didn't put this one on the list. Its incomplete state put a bitter taste in my mouth. But I do remember I had a great time while I was playing it. Particularly good gameplay for an MGS game. Particularly bad story[telling] for an MGS game.

Soma
Some would say the complete opposite of MGS V... but I didn't think the gameplay was that bad either. Very good sci-fi story involving AI and the nature of consciousness, and while admittedly the monster-avoiding stuff isn't as elaborate as in Amnesia, I thought it was pretty solid for what it was, and clever too with some of the monsters. But hey, speaking of solid monster-avoiding stuff:

Alien: Isolation
Oh man. Loved this one. Played on Easy (there's a Very Easy, in my defence) and it still gave me thrills, and a hard time on some parts. It's not that spoopy, but it's definitely stressful, in a good way. The events are engaging too, although I didn't really care for the NPCs, just for what would happen to Amanda (the PC). It's crazy immersive as well, and made me more interested in the Alien universe (I hadn't seen the first two films, and it made me want to watch the first one immediatly after beating it). Now that I've seen Alien, I can say it's also a near-perfect recreation of the setting and the atmosphere of the film.

Doom (2016)
badass
Most energetic, adrenaline-fueled game I've played in years, all categories. Possibly ever? I'd have to think about it.
I did play Classic Doom earlier this year to prepare me for this, but honestly, it wasn't necessary. This is a game for people who like action. You like action, you'll love this. Oh, and it has #thymemusic.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
What a nice way to end the year. A bit of a book end too, considering I started with DA:I. I'm far from done with it (level 16, 30 hours in), but this is already a solid contender for #thymeGOTY along with Alien: Isolation.
I was worried about the combat at first since the little bit of Witcher 2 I played left a bad impression on me, but no, it's very solid in this one. Challenging at first for sure, but you get used to it and you unlock buffs that you can adapt to your fighting style along the way anyway. I like fighting in this one, I look for fights.
And dem graphics. It's a gorgeous game set in a beautiful (yet dreary) world. Sometimes I'll get of my horse just to run around by foot. And it's of course, a game involving running around for loot. I'm definitely a sucker for those.
Can't really say I care about Gwent tho.
I was agreeing with you for the most part then I saw that you actually liked Fallout 4  madood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

Quote from: Thyme on December 23, 2016, 02:10:30 PM
Quote from: SVT on December 23, 2016, 01:04:32 PM

did u play anything from previous years tho
i did but with my eyes closed so they dont count

C.Mongler

Doom is my GOTY. Its fucking stellar. Probably followed by Titanfall 2 and then Overwatch.

LTTP game of the year would be FF VI.

YPrrrr

Of games to actually come out in 2016 I liked Civ VI despite it not being as addictive as V (yet) and Pokémon Sun. I would probably love uncharted 4 but I still haven't opened it yet because I need to finish 3 still

Fallout 4 was really bland to me I thought it would be fun just like skyrim but meh...

Street Fighter V pisses me off. I was enjoying SFII and thought I'd get the new street fighter to get back into the series... I'm rewarded with no arcade mode, colors locked behind time wasting survival modes, a small roster, all costumes costing fight money which is hard as fucj to get without grinding forever. Season one dlc only includes characters not new costumes or new stages and still costs 30 bucks. Each stage costs 5 bucks each character costs 6 otherwise. For a game that came out for $60. It has the bloody model of a F2P game it's ridiculous. Fuck SFV

TooB

I mean, this list was for your favorite games of 2016, not to complain about others.

If you only like one or two games out of 2016, that's all you have to list

YPrrrr

Quote from: Big Goop on December 24, 2016, 03:36:49 PM
I mean, this list was for your favorite games of 2016, not to complain about others.

If you only like one or two games out of 2016, that's all you have to list
idk I didn't even get 10 so I thought I'd just review them all sry you can still like it

Go Up