September 25, 2024, 07:21:02 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

times you actually were challenged in pkmn

Started by 6M69I69B9, December 01, 2016, 02:16:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

December 01, 2016, 02:16:43 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:15:45 PM by the MIB the
In Pokemon Blue, I lost to Gary some times because I'm lame.  

First (and last lol) playthrough of Pearl, Cynthia was fucking nuts, I actually remembered resetting and just having a hard time with her.  Granted, it was the first time since Pokemon Blue that I actually played from start to finish.

Then...literally nobody was a challenge until...Elesa in Pokemon Black.  I had Oshawott as my starter, so ofc i couldn't bring him in.  IT was ALL because of Emolga.  jesus christ.  then i blew the whole game away.  

I finished Silver after gen 6 lol, but mannn, Whitney, wtf.  That Rollout was crazy.  Then after that I just demolished everything.  Well, actually Lance gave me some issues, but I don't think it was serious.

Very recently, in Pokemon Moon, with no Exp. Share, I went to fight the second trial (one with Wishiwashi) and lmao that Alomaloma was such a surprise.  WAIT- my first one was with Llima, that Smeargle, man.  Was expecting a lv. 1 route pokemon with how gen 6 was easy but that definitely set the standard from then on.  Then the one with Lurantis.  I had Popplio in its 1st stage because fuck evolving it.  I had to rely on Ribombee and Oricorio, which are personally two of my three MVP's for this game (other is Mudsdale or w/e it's called).  That Solar Blade...man...  And at the second half of the game I started to exclude Z-Moves because OP, just to build up for the next experience.  Lastly, that battle with the uhh, Champion Qualifier?  I mean, it took me a reset to beat him, but first time, I literally spaced out and chose a wrong move that caused me the game, and I was broke and out of potions that time.  I had one move to win or lose the game and it was Mudsdale and Snorlax.  The Snorlax tanked my EQ until like 1-10HP, the meter was barely visible.  Then Snorlax came in and KO'd him.  Loved my playthrough of Moon.  

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Only times I have really been challenged were:

Blue in Red/Blue because I barely understood the typing chart

Whitney in Gold/Silver because Miltank is a hax champ

And two of the endgame/postgame fights in Sun/Moon. One because it comes after a pretty long, tough stretch of trainers and you're not given any option to heal before the cutscene

6M69I69B9

Quote from: YPargh on December 01, 2016, 02:32:17 PM

And two of the endgame/postgame fights in Sun/Moon. One because it comes after a pretty long, tough stretch of trainers and you're not given any option to heal before the cutscene
i thought you said you never got why whitney was hard in another post

also yeah had issues with [spoiler]gary[/spoiler]. 

which post game fight is that?
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

TooB

Never really, but I've only played, blue, x, alpha, and currently moon.

Thyme

uh i was a dumb kid who could barely read english when i was playing red, so... the whole game, really goowan

oh and when i caught mewtwo with ultra balls baddood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: the MIB the on December 01, 2016, 03:15:03 PM
Quote from: YPargh on December 01, 2016, 02:32:17 PM

i thought you said you never got why whitney was hard in another post

also yeah had issues with [spoiler]gary[/spoiler]. 

which post game fight is that?
no I said I thought Lurantis was easy af despite other people saying it's the new Whitney

[spoiler]postgame fight w/ red/blue[/spoiler]

YPrrrr

Also I never got why Cynthia is such a fan favorite? She's like barely in the game and she didn't seem much harder than anyone else

The professor in sun/moon was tougher imo

Mando Pandango

The fucking last gym leader in Emerald. I still hadn't realized how important status moved are (I was like 22 lol) and that Kingdra fucking wrecked me repeatedly.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up