March 28, 2024, 03:17:58 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes Fall 2017

Started by Commander Fuckass, October 18, 2016, 06:10:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

YPrrrr

It's kind of a joke to say Rockstar is copying BotW imo. I mean GTA V is probably the gold standard for open world games and clearly RDR2 was in development long before BotW came out

C.Mongler

i mean i don't personally think i made a case for this game copying BotW. i just think they both have similar issues in that they do one thing really well (RDR2 is narrative IMO, and BotW is purely exploration), and then everything else is needlessly shallow, pointless, repetitive, bland, or some combination of all of the above, which mostly seems to stem from the fact that it would take an inhuman amount of time to create a game with a world of complex and satisfying systems/activities in the "open world" to compliment the games core niceties. 

Nyerp

March 14, 2019, 01:29:21 AM #63 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:43:18 AM by Nyerp
this is the most overrated game of all time

i enjoyed some aspects of the story. the size, amount of detail, and polish of the world is amazing. but i have so many negative things to say about the game overall that listing them here would be a waste of everyone's time.

97 on metacritic. i don't get it. but i have no one else to blame but myself, seeing as how i had a similar reaction to rdr1.

C.Mongler

if you didnt like rdr 1 this game doubles down (or just ignores and keeps exactly the same) on almost every single complaint i had with that one lol

idk for me i really liked the story, especially the john marston parts (probs a lot of rose tinted nostalgia tbh), enough that the other shit was kind of trivial. i cnat really be mad that i wasnt gripped by other parts of the game when i still spent almost 50 hours loving the story personally. i agree that 97 is ridiculously high, but i'd give 'er a high 8 myself

but i also accept that this game is in no way for everyone lol i had to talk down one of my friends who hates open world sloppy toppy games from getting this because i knew he would 1000% hate it

C.Mongler

but also yeah i dont disagree that this is probably the most overrated game of all time lol, at the very least it definitely is of recent memory

TooB

I got a buddy who told me he didn't like rdr 1, but then asked me if he should get 2.
I told him, idk man, this one has got the same issues and then some from 1, so you probably wouldn't like it either.

Long story short, he got it as a bday gift, and is absolutely enthralled by it. Now he even wants to go back and give rdr1 another shot.

In any case, I pretty much agree, but anything Rockstar gets uncanny praise. I'm around the 8.5 mark for this game myself. Some gameplay complaints aside, yeah, the story to me was that good.

Nyerp

i liked the second half of the story (post guarma) (and especially the use of music at the end of the main game cry;) and the epilogue was weirdly comfy even if it was hollow but i can't help but feel that it was all a thematic rehash of red dead 1

C.Mongler

tbf video game's thing now is to rehash everything

see:the re-release of your favorite game that you originally purchased less than 5 years ago

Nyerp

wow, i finally explored new austin (the part of the map from rdr1 that's locked off for most of the game) and.....yep, it sure is fucking empty!

anyway i wanted my 100GB of hard drive space back so R.I.P.

ME##

Quote from: Nyerp on March 17, 2019, 04:31:31 PMwow, i finally explored new austin (the part of the map from rdr1 that's locked off for most of the game) and.....yep, it sure is fucking empty!

anyway i wanted my 100GB of hard drive space back so R.I.P.

Wow rude.  New Austin is full of cholera and angry Mexicans

C.Mongler

Go Up