March 28, 2024, 11:19:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes Fall 2017

Started by Commander Fuckass, October 18, 2016, 06:10:15 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/07/06/take-two-interactive-ceo-talks-red-dead-online-battle-royale-fornite/Still, while Take-Two still believes in creating exemplary single-player experiences, its next release, Red Dead Redemption 2, will follow a similar template of its most successful game of all time, which is also its most recent release, Grand Theft Auto V. Thus, naturally, there will be a long revenue tail after release, but at the moment, monetizing that tail as Rockstar finishes the game isn't a chief concern.

"We have Red Dead Online coming, and Rockstar’s announced that, so clearly that’s intended to be an expression of ongoing engagement after the initial sale. What we haven’t talked about is any path to monetization because it’s just not our primary concern. Our primary concern is keeping consumers engaged.”

Zelnick also talked about another industry trend: battle-royale. At the moment, battle-royale hasn't been unveiled for the game, though previous leaks suggests there is at least a mode akin to the sub-genre within. However, the CEO believes jumping on the battle-royale bandwagon 'just cause,' is a bad thing to do.

“We’ve used battle royale mechanics before. I wouldn’t rule it out, but any mechanic you use would want to be in service of the core entertainment experience, and would be consumer-focused.”

The CEO continued, talking about Fortnite.

LOL

Nyerp

as long as take-two's bullshit doesn't affect the single player i don't care

Kalahari Inkantation

Remember when we were supposed to get single-player DLC for GTAV?

ME##

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 06, 2018, 08:52:20 PM
Remember when we were supposed to get single-player DLC for GTAV?
lol honestly I’m okay with no single player dlc id have to buy it three times so I could finish it on all of my systems lol :|

Kalahari Inkantation

ballad of gay tony and ReDead Redemption were better than their base games :'(

Thyme

i didn't like redead redemption

i actually never beat it

TooB

I would not call red deads dlc, better than the main game

ME##

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 07, 2018, 04:50:43 PM
ballad of gay tony and ReDead Redemption were better than their base games :'(
ballad of tony is agreeable but only because the main characters in gtaiv were boring blank slates compared to cj

Nyerp

this game has made the second half 2018 a fucking wasteland for new releases

th-thanks rockstar!

Kalahari Inkantation

no but really though, thanks srsly

i could use the time to catch up lol

And the fact that RDR2 has been given such a wide berth will make it all the more stark (and entertaining) if it really does end up disappointing. girl;

Kalahari Inkantation

dam dood

of course, odds of the end product actually looking this good: zero

but dam dood

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-on-ps4-pro-requires-105-gb/1100-6462076/

lol @_@

>the consoles came with, and STILL come with, meager 500gb drives that everyone knew would be woefully inadequate from day one

fuck; micro$ony

TooB

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 26, 2018, 05:16:52 PMhttps://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-on-ps4-pro-requires-105-gb/1100-6462076/

lol @_@

>the consoles came with, and STILL come with, meager 500gb drives that everyone knew would be woefully inadequate from day one

fuck; micro$ony

Actually, standard now is 1tb. Even for base models.

Still, wtf

Nyerp

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 26, 2018, 05:16:52 PMhttps://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-on-ps4-pro-requires-105-gb/1100-6462076/

lol @_@

fuck; micro$ony
my 1 tb external is already almost full fuck this smithicide;

Go Up