October 10, 2024, 12:20:50 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

are you naturally talented at anything?

Started by strongbad, October 15, 2016, 07:43:26 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i usually find that i am above average at most things that i try, but once i get into something i quickly realize that i am in no way gifted compared to people who are actually into it

like yeah i know there is always someone better than you but i swear every little niche has some people who you can just tell are abnormally good at whatever it is. i've accepted that i probably wont get to the highest echelon of skill in anything in particular, which isn't the worst thing in the world. i think it is a good realization to have had, actually.

Socks

everything except singing and shit you gotta learn cuz obviously no one is born a mechanic or pilot for example. but i always feel like i've been above average in most things i have done or attempted to do because my standards are astronomical, i hate to lose and i want to be the best. i take pride and pain in perfection. if i'm going to draw a picture i start to look up raphael's stuff and da vinci and not compare myself to crap or say, well i'm competing against john, and john can't draw so i just have to be better than john. no, if you base your work off the best example in whatever you are looking to accomplish, and you get as close to that as you can, then you will by virtue of quality beat most others you are competing against.

FAMY2

Pissing people off when I want to. I'm real good at that. I can find most peoples buttons in a heartbeat. But I seldom do it.

Socks

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2016, 10:22:04 AM
Pissing people off when I want to. I'm real good at that. I can find most peoples buttons in a heartbeat. But I seldom do it.

this is not a talent it's called being an attractive woman. and or mental ninja terrorist torturer assassin.

FAMY2

Quote from: Socks on October 15, 2016, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2016, 10:22:04 AM

this is not a talent it's called being an attractive woman. and or mental ninja terrorist torturer assassin.

Lucky me I am both.   n_n

YPrrrr

I feel the same as Strongbad. I can pick up a game, sport, whatever and usually be pretty great at it but the people that are really into it

Travis

i can solve a rubik's cube in under a minute

strongbad

Quote from: Travis on October 15, 2016, 01:36:59 PM
i can solve a rubik's cube in under a minute

a kid from my high school swim team is a pro cuber and holds the record for most cubes solved while holding his breathe underwater lol

Samus Aran

some have told me i seem to have natural talent for writing...personally i don't see it and at the rate things are going neither will anyone else ever :))))

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on October 16, 2016, 01:17:27 AM
some have told me i seem to have natural talent for writing...personally i don't see it and at the rate things are going neither will anyone else ever :))))
kax please

what abt that story u said u were working on anyway

was interested tbh
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Classic

I am pretty good at disappointing everyone I love.  giggle;

Go Up