October 09, 2024, 08:27:47 PM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Professional wrestling is so silly

Started by Mando Pandango, October 09, 2016, 05:49:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

I don't even know where to begin. Everything about this is silly. I can see why it's entertaining but I don't get how people can get so into it.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

[hedy]Zidone

strongbad

October 09, 2016, 11:36:36 PM #4 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 11:47:01 PM by antmaster5000

6M69I69B9

i was only in to it bc my brother was when we were kids, actually a lot of ppl in our block
so i knew many wrestling figures

but yeah it is p. lame tbh

the whole formula is like

>there's drama/rivalry
>anywhere around the premises that isn't the ring is where all the shit talking is
>some sort of date is held for a match
>people get hyped
>many filler matches in between
>once in a while someone dies
>some wrestler's face gets rubbed into mcmahon's face (idk if that still happens loll)
>rinse and repeat
>trademark mannerisms, phrases (for example, "what the rock is cookin" "you can't see me" *waves backhand to ppl* etc.) are also given to certain wrestlers that seem like icons

BUT BUT

i did like some of the lore behind some chars

kane, i heard that he was in a fire, and his face was fucked and that's why he wore the mask.  if anyone tried to take it off he'd try to beat them or idk.  was supposed to be the nonchalant, michael myers tier, every now and then psychotic guy.  i actually was scared bc i thought he was from hell and i was a strong catholic back in those days

and then his brother, the undertaker, oh my goddd this guy was the shit.  it was also nuts that it was spread that they are actually brothers.  every time he'd make an entrance, the whole arena would get a violet blueish tint, and he walks in with an overcoat and eyeshadow.  when he'd be beat, his opp would boast to the crowd, though undertaker would "rise from the dead" lmao that was sick

i actually practiced doing sit ups all because i wanted to reenact his trademark get-up from the floor haha

once in a while i will see some new wrestlers but never come back, my favorite as a kid was ultimo dragon.  i never got to learn wtf happened to him- i should do that some time...

i thought stone cold steve austin was cool as hell

when i was much younger my first favorite was scotty 2 hotty bc i thought he was a fun guy to watch

it may all be dumb but i will never forget watching it as a kid with my brother and father, and some kids on the block.
pssh at one point we had like 6-7 kids regularly watching wrestling and offered drinks and hyped up matches

im actually laughing to myself as i type this- i think this is my first time thinking about wrestling in depth ever since like...end of middle school.
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

The actual matches are pretty dumb and I never watched it. However, looking back at some of the promo material and characters there's some hilarity to be found n_u

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q[/youtube]

Socks

i used to be so into it in my middle school years. stone cold was my favorite and kurt fucking angle lol.

the drama and stuff was cool, it was like a little suspenseful mini series. and you had RAW on monday and whatever the thursday WWF was called.

i used to think it was real for a little bit but then i realized it was not, both the wrestling and the events.

i remember once asking my school bus-driver and sort of arguing with him that is was real. lmao

C.Mongler

WRESTLING IS AWESOME

i wish i had more time to get into it because it rules

Thyme

I watched it every week as a teenager but then it got particularly bad and i lost interest

i've heard it's gotten better recently and i'd love to get back into it but I don't have cable :/

FAMY2

I went to a couple of matches and found it highly entertaining. Of course it was in Detroit and not the nicest neighborhood.  Hookers every where. But yeah so fake when you sit about three rows back.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPargh on October 10, 2016, 01:30:02 AM
The actual matches are pretty dumb and I never watched it. However, looking back at some of the promo material and characters there's some hilarity to be found n_u

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4lK41SX-Q[/youtube]
i fucking love macho man.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

6M69I69B9

ok ok wait

when you say professional wrestling did you mean wwf or like some olympic shit with actual standard rules

or wait wwe
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Placebo Headwound

I was supposed to go see a kaiju wrestling league on saturday before I got called into work

I'm still upset over this

Go Up