April 22, 2024, 11:25:25 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Least favorite Pokémon type

Started by YPrrrr, October 04, 2016, 12:40:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Which do you never use if you can help it?

Used to be bug for me because they were kind of worthless in Gen 1 and that bug PokĂŠmon trainers were always at the beginning kind of demonstrated to me that they were weak.

Now it'd have to be between normal and fairy. I just never really have an excuse to have a normal type because they aren't super effective against anything. Fairy... just doesn't really make sense to me as a type and I'm not a fan of most other than perhaps mega mawile. Perhaps my opinion will change as they define the type more though. The Alona electric fairy guardian looks very cool for example

TooB

squirrelfriend

October 04, 2016, 01:09:39 PM #2 Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:23:25 PM by squirrelfriend
dark or fighting
dark because it still sucks as a type defensively with few exceptions
fighting same after it was nerfed w/ the added weakness to fairy type moves
fighting pokemon are also weak to common moves like aerial ace and psychic

YPrrrr

Dark was pretty okay before fairy with just two weaknesses

Though I guess there were a ton of fighters and U turn abounds. Unless you just mean dark types themselves which may be true because most seem to focus on attack except for like umbreon

Samus Aran

dark type moves are great, dark type pokemon not so much lol. i feel like, despite fighting's new fairy weakness, it's still an incredibly useful typing

anyway, my least favorite is probably normal. i just never really found any use for it, and fighting-types (and fighting-type moves) are absolutely rampant. idk. i know it has its uses but i don't care about them lol

also why was this thread locked

Mando Pandango

Normal is too dumb and pointless for me to even hate it. It's like the Def Leppard of PokĂŠmon types.

Probably dark. I don't even get why it's a type. What constitutes a dark type? Are they evil spirits? Why aren't all ghost types also dark then? Is something getting lost in the translation? Or just never really made sense to me.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

squirrelfriend

well the thing that unifies dark Pokemon is that they are dark colored so there's that

Samus Aran

Quote from: Popď˝"iclď˝...!Popď˝"iclď˝...!Popď˝"iclď˝... on October 04, 2016, 01:47:35 PM
Normal is too dumb and pointless for me to even hate it. It's like the Def Leppard of PokĂŠmon types.

Probably dark. I don't even get why it's a type. What constitutes a dark type? Are they evil spirits? Why aren't all ghost types also dark then? Is something getting lost in the translation? Or just never really made sense to me.

you can use the same line of thinking about fairy. what makes a pokemon a fairy exactly? being pink and cutesy seems to help, but there are some fairy pokemon that aren't. and they're not all diminutive either like you'd expect a "fairy" to be in accordance with the word itself

YPrrrr

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on October 04, 2016, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: Popď˝"iclď˝...!Popď˝"iclď˝...!Popď˝"iclď˝... on October 04, 2016, 01:47:35 PM

you can use the same line of thinking about fairy. what makes a pokemon a fairy exactly? being pink and cutesy seems to help, but there are some fairy pokemon that aren't. and they're not all diminutive either like you'd expect a "fairy" to be in accordance with the word itself
I was thinking this exactly. In Japanese dark type is "evil" type and I think for the most part dark types reflect this by appearing demonic or criminal. Ghosts don't necessarily have to be evil although a fair amount seem to be I would admit. So many soul stealing references in the pokedex lol. I guess dark types look to physically maim while ghosts mess with your spirit??

Fairy makes no sense to me in any way but it is nice it gave some old PokĂŠmon new life. Just wish ice resisted it so ice was less worthless

squirrelfriend

fairy pokemon can be familiars like cute animals too

Mando Pandango

Fairy pokemon seem to have some sort of basis in mythology or folklore, so that honestly makes more sense to me than dark. Not much, but still, I almost get it there.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

squirrelfriend

the reason why some Pokemon like chansey and pikachu that were classified in the fairy egg group b4 fairy existed as an actual type aren't fairy type is because they wanted some balancing

6M69I69B9

Poison types, ever since gen 1, I've been sick of poison types and wondered why there were so many- I mean I know because of the lore there was pollution but w/e.  I rarely ever use poison pokemon, I hate most of their aesthetic (ugly hues of purple) and just dislike many lines.  Salandit and Trubbish are cute though, and the Gengar line.  Doesn't help that many bandits/runts use them. 

Second one is water- there's just wayyy too many.  Though many of my favorites are water-type so idk.
Then Grass- always fuckiNG WEAK (unless their 2ndary is decent) and I actually try to see if one of my other mons can learn grass type moves from tm or some shit bc having a grass type is so lame aside from a few and ofc your starter.
Then psychic- i look for psychic moves on my current pokes instead lolll.  though there are always exceptions

though if their designs are aesthetically pleasing then lol i will use them regardless of their typing

Might as well chip in with my favorite type. 

Ghosts~

I just love the caricatures of mainstream depictions of ghosts, and etc.. I love the Halloween & Horror theme, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise I like Ghost types in general.  Trevenant is my favorite- shiny version specifically.  Too bad it's not that useful much competitive wise but w/e. 

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

dragon cause i never had the patience to train them

Go Up