April 19, 2024, 05:26:01 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Competitive Gaming?

Started by 6M69I69B9, September 29, 2016, 07:00:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

when i said to be "lacking something" for those ppl i met, i meant that lacking from being top players

because they can tech, know the neutral, etc.  like im surprised how much quality players were here, and all the top players were banned from this event for the sake of making less known ppl shine and we only came here to see the scene

Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 01, 2016, 10:50:38 PM
Quote from: the MIB the on October 01, 2016, 08:58:32 PM
man lol irl is nuts- these people know what they're doing but seem to be lacking something idk but mannnn  

almost beat a Mario w/ luigi but lol i choked on game 3, 1-2
tfw i could have been on stream if i won that match.

got knocked out by a dark pit 0-2, killed me early with a move i didn't know had such knockback

then there was a $2 second chance bracket
>beat the dark pit that knocked me out 2-1
>beat by a ganon and send to losers 0-2
>knocked out by a really good luigi 0-2

he gave me tips at the end and we had a short friendlie before going, and was very welcoming.

i was sick (wasn't when i registered wtf) and only had a few hours of sleep

i realize im not good as i thought i would be lol and man did they put me in my place

prob won't go as frequent but man am i lame irl

sounds like you had a good first tourney experience. it's nice that you can sm4sh online for more practice, but yeah your first couple tournaments are so humbling. i remember playing melee with my friend hours every day for probably 3 months before our first event and we got put in our place hardcore. it was kind of a weird tournament since Wa melee was pretty dead (there were probably less than 32 people in the bracket) pre-evo/documentary and all the people who were there were the top players

it gets a lot better when you get to know people and start to get seeded, but i am still extremely humbled whenever i play top players. i played spud (australia #1) a lot in australia and i dont think i ever took more than 2 stocks off him in one game. he's flying out to TBH6 keep your eye on him

man who knows maybe i will keep playing melee lol

after going there i realized many of them were my age and was sort of swayed from making sm4sh like a true hobby and have less interest bc i could be doing somethign better.  though maybe its bc im salty how i did.  though the former seems to be more. 

though i prob will attend once in a while because it is kind of fun tbh

and that's cool man- didn't that guy make an upset by knocking out alex19 a yr ago
and honestly taking two stocks is actually not bad imo, but what would i know from mainly a sm4sh player lol

oh and forgot to mention my dubs experience:

>friend and i beat by a team of cloud and forgot who else 0-2
>in loser's, beat a team of palutena and peach- 2-1
>later beat by a top zss and a c9 computer (thought it was a friendlie because LOL my partner was talking as if he knew him (he did sort of) and i didn't take it seriously- but he beat us 2-1, and he had a clutch lv9 little mac wtf
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Go Up