October 08, 2024, 03:40:46 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you use anything besides imgur?

Started by strongbad, August 03, 2016, 02:13:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Getting kind of annoyed with imgur's bloat and it trying to become a reddit clone.

Does anyone use a site that is basically imgur 3 years ago? Just simple image uploading and nothing more?

??????

lol i have the same problem with imgur
they used to be so simple i get too confused now

strongbad

instead of upload image it's "new post"

i dont want to post on your website i want to upload a picture to post it on some stupid forum >:[

C.Mongler

yea i noticed it was like GIVE IT A TITLE, GIVE IT A DESCRIPTION when i last uploaded and i was like uhhhhh can i not??? so yeah im interested too lol

strongbad

i remember that there used to be min.us or something but it seems gone now. i've done some googling and it's crazy how there isn't another popular minimal image uploader. there's a good business opportunity (or maybe a bad one which is why there isn't one

strongbad

Kalahari Inkantation

August 03, 2016, 05:37:54 AM #7 Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:41:14 AM by Tectron
imgur has become such a bloated piece of shit over the course of the last few months

it can't just be an image host, no, it HAS to also be a garbage social network apparently insultdood;

here's a decent one i've been using as an alternative: http://cubeupload.com/

it has the added benefit of only utilizing lossless compression methods, very much unlike imgur which will render large images unsightly artefact-riddled messes

in fact haven't found any downsides to cubeupload yet tbh

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: antmaster5000 on August 03, 2016, 05:25:23 AM
i remember that there used to be min.us or something but it seems gone now. i've done some googling and it's crazy how there isn't another popular minimal image uploader. there's a good business opportunity (or maybe a bad one which is why there isn't one

i.minus.com

that one used to be great too but it unfortunately went down the same path as imgur and i don't even think it offers anonymous image hosting anymore

strongbad

Quote from: Tectron on August 03, 2016, 05:39:44 AM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on August 03, 2016, 05:25:23 AM

i.minus.com

that one used to be great too but it unfortunately went down the same path as imgur and i don't even think it offers anonymous image hosting anymore

imgur 2012

"the simple image sharer"

imgur 2016
"The most viral images on the Internet, sorted by popularity"

just what the internet needed

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on August 03, 2016, 05:37:54 AM
imgur has become such a bloated piece of shit over the course of the last few months

it can't just be an image host, no, it HAS to also be a garbage social network apparently insultdood;

here's a decent one i've been using as an alternative: http://cubeupload.com/

it has the added benefit of only utilizing lossless compression methods, very much unlike imgur which will render large images unsightly artefact-riddled messes

in fact haven't found any downsides to cubeupload yet tbh

thx

Daddy

I JUST UPLOAD EVERYTHING TO A CDN ON MY WEBSITE AND BASE64 ENCODE ALL MY IMAGES AND STORE THEM AS DNSSEC DNS ENTRIES

C.Mongler

tru i could jsut ftp shit to my web host lololol

Daddy

squirrelfriend

I'm too lazy to strip exif data on my own

Go Up