October 07, 2024, 10:33:40 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you "budget?" (should i?)

Started by strongbad, September 28, 2016, 09:42:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I understand the concept of budgeting, and I'm pretty sure that JMV is into it at least, but honestly it seems kind of pointless. Like, yeah it seems good to know exactly how much you spend on anything to help you understand where to spend less money, but I feel like it's pretty obvious what costs me money. Like yeah I know that if I buy coffee every day it will be a lot of money overall so I don't buy coffee every day. Same goes for like everything i spend money on.

Idk is there actually a point? Maybe if I had more money and larger expenses like car payments and a mortgage and children it would matter more but I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on my net worth and what I need to do to keep it an acceptable level

Ezloﺕ

:)

Socks

yeah i budget all my money to spend it. solution is to just keep making more money to spend more money to make more money.

YPrrrr

I am great at budgeting when single

Women fuck it all up

rdl

strongbad

okay how do you guys budget? i dont understand

YPrrrr

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 28, 2016, 10:27:59 PM
okay how do you guys budget? i dont understand
mostly by setting a maximum budget for dollars per meal. I don't really buy anything else lol. I try to make every meal worth less than $5 so I have a food budget of $300 a month, pay 300 for my car, 300 for student loans, 300 for credit card, 600 for rent, utilities, 50 for Internet, 60 for gas

Idk then I look at how much I'd have leftover and decide how much to blow on stuff. When I'm single I usually spend about $50 a month on luxuries. With a gf that's probably increased 6 or 8 fold

??????

i used to when i was poor
Essentials (metrocard, bills) were first, then food budgeting then laundry

now i buy whatever that's reasonable
like a 300$ scarf

Go Up