April 15, 2024, 09:17:10 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MP3 Player

Started by FAMY2, July 30, 2016, 08:44:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

FAMY2

What's a good one? I have no idea.   saddood;

Thyme

if you're asking i'm guessing "your phone" isn't an option

so, ipod touch happydood;

strongbad

before i had a phone i used this guy:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Full-Color-SDMX22-004G-A57K-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005FVNGRS

there's some cool alternative firmware called rockbox that is super customizable and paired with foobar everything worked very well. even was able to last.fm scrobble (with some manual steps). has a microsd slot and you can get 64gb microsds pretty cheap noadays

looks like it's more expensive than it should be since my model has been discontinued, but they look to have a newer version that I can't vouch for

squirrelfriend

I'd get the iPod shuffle tbh

strongbad

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 30, 2016, 09:36:34 AM
I'd get the iPod shuffle tbh

you can get something the same size with way more memory with way more features for less money

sheeple

Ezloﺕ

tfw still have the ipod just before the touch was introduced

best model tbh
:)

FAMY2

It's not for me so my non existent phone isn't an option.

I had a Sandisk once and it was easy to use.

And I know nothing about ianything. lol

don't let's

C.Mongler

how much space do u need? personally i have a 128 GB iphone for the space need lol

it's weird that high capacity music players have fallen out of style, despite solid state storage becoming a lot cheaper than it used to be. i mean i guess everyone just streams their music now, but thats too much data for my tastes and i also do most of my music listening stuck in a train under the earth with no signal

Ezloﺕ

most services like spotify offer workarounds for that
:)

FAMY2

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 04, 2016, 07:12:07 AM
how much space do u need? personally i have a 128 GB iphone for the space need lol

it's weird that high capacity music players have fallen out of style, despite solid state storage becoming a lot cheaper than it used to be. i mean i guess everyone just streams their music now, but thats too much data for my tastes and i also do most of my music listening stuck in a train under the earth with no signal

Just a enough for 3 hrs or so of music.

C.Mongler

I mean I know they do, but I'm still not really interested in streaming, especially paying for it. I already have shitloads of jams, and while yes most of them aren't legitimate, paying an artist the equivalent of the dirt off my shoe doesn't really make me feel better about it so I'd just rather bring my already existing jam files with me.

Thyme

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 05, 2016, 01:37:47 PM
I mean I know they do, but I'm still not really interested in streaming, especially paying for it. I already have shitloads of jams, and while yes most of them aren't legitimate, paying an artist the equivalent of the dirt off my shoe doesn't really make me feel better about it so I'd just rather bring my already existing jam files with me.

same

(another quality post by thyme)

Go Up