June 30, 2024, 08:22:29 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon Go is now live

Started by squirrelfriend, July 06, 2016, 07:04:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 08:19:12 AM
trigger warning for Tec: nintendo doing something successful

http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/11/12147600/nintendos-stock-pokemon-go
this is a clear argument that nintendo needs to fire development teams in japan and base itself in america

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPargh on July 11, 2016, 01:17:19 AM
And now the pay to win-ness of the game is becoming readily apparent
you get dust and coins from occupying gyms, do once you get in a few it's not hard to catch up
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

squirrelfriend

It doesn't use that much data so I don't know about that.

squirrelfriend

CIA has to fund their pensions somehow

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 08:36:35 AM
can it really be pay2win if there's hardly any win condition lol

i mean pay to make progress sure, but what does winning in this shit even look like, briefly taking over a gym before some  9 year old comes and steals it back from you? (i saw u at the metro station yesterday u little shit nosed cunt!!!)
Yeah, taking over gyms basically. Some 9 year old isn't going to take it over if you spend 100 bucks on pokemoney your pokemon will be unstoppable lol

If you only care about collecting it's fine of course

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on July 11, 2016, 09:25:39 AM
Quote from: YPargh on July 11, 2016, 01:17:19 AM
And now the pay to win-ness of the game is becoming readily apparent
you get dust and coins from occupying gyms, do once you get in a few it's not hard to catch up
Right but if someone on another team is kicking out Uber pokemon then only his team can benefit and you can't get those items making you fall further behind

squirrelfriend

It's pretty much Ingress all over again: better get in the game early or you will never be able to make any progress at all. There should be 1 hit ko moves that have a low chance of working to allow for some variability

YPrrrr

If there is a level cap on pokemon maybe it is okay because eventually you'd be able to catch up but I don't know that there is?

squirrelfriend

There isn't but if you rank up by catching lots of pokes, you will be able to catch stronger Pokemon in the wild

C.Mongler

well i went for a walk in dc with this shit for the first time and the game soft locked even after multiple restarts

like my dude will walk around and pokemen will pop up but my touch screen didnt respond to being poked whatsoever so i accomplished nothing lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPargh on July 11, 2016, 11:14:08 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 11, 2016, 08:36:35 AM
can it really be pay2win if there's hardly any win condition lol

i mean pay to make progress sure, but what does winning in this shit even look like, briefly taking over a gym before some  9 year old comes and steals it back from you? (i saw u at the metro station yesterday u little shit nosed cunt!!!)
Yeah, taking over gyms basically. Some 9 year old isn't going to take it over if you spend 100 bucks on pokemoney your pokemon will be unstoppable lol

also i guess thats tru but i feel like this:

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 11, 2016, 11:24:32 AM
It's pretty much Ingress all over again: better get in the game early or you will never be able to make any progress at all.

is the bigger problem, which is even people who have the best pokemens will dominate regardless, paid or unpaid but grinded out like a mofo. like i only have been casually playing this shit and am only level 5 and i dont think there's really any gyms left in the area that i can capture cuz my pokemon are shit lol and by the time i get gud there will be better mons

squirrelfriend

You get trainer exp from catching Pokemon so just catch any that you see and like send the ones you don't want back to the professor for more candy
With a higher trainer level, you start to see stronger Pokemon as well in the wild
so basically go to pokespots, hope someone drops a lure, rinse and repeat

YPrrrr

It's kind of sad that the overarching message of pokemon: the power of friendship with your pokemon doesn't work at all in this game.

Like the first couple days it was like aw, Ponyta, I will love you forever! But half a week later it's let's delete Ponyta for a piece of candy because we found a better one anyway

Go Up