September 28, 2024, 06:07:55 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how can i get excited for games again?

Started by ME##, June 14, 2016, 04:57:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

i'm having a really hard time caring about anything game related.   maybe i'll get out of my funk if i actually beat mgsv but idk :(

squirrelfriend

finish ffxiii and your expectations will be lowered

Samus Aran

actually playing games would help. force yourself to try something new. etc.

squirrelfriend

for me it's the fear of failing so i need to play games that are easy enuff 4 me

ME##

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 14, 2016, 05:00:39 PM
actually playing games would help. force yourself to try something new. etc.
i play plenty of games  akudood;

C.Mongler

get a time machine that also progresses/digresses your own age as you use it, go back to being like 14 so you have time to play vidjas and the willfull ignorance of life's responsibilities to enjoy vidjas

but really i have no fucking idea man i struggle with the same thing sometime. i haven't been mega hyped about a game's release in ages

don't let's

Kill your computers and phone and only use your internet for console multiplayer

squirrelfriend

but the ps3 ran linux so it was technically a computer

TooB

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 14, 2016, 05:35:09 PM
they used to.

I think the slim and beyond got rid of that.
could be wrong

don't let's

Well all the consoles were basically just specialized computers. And more complex these days.

YPrrrr

Post on Civfanatics forum and rant and rave about which historical figures and nations deserve to be in the newest game

ME##

Quote from: YPargh on June 14, 2016, 05:51:37 PM
Post on Civfanatics forum and rant and rave about which historical figures and nations deserve to be in the newest game
yes

YES

squirrelfriend

Quote from: YPargh on June 14, 2016, 05:51:37 PM
this is another post i have to honestly praise

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 14, 2016, 05:35:09 PM
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
:)

squirrelfriend

ok rms i get that linux pcs are wildebeests so they aren't very powerful

Go Up