t-mobile uncarrier has jumped the shark officially

Started by squirrelfriend, June 06, 2016, 09:41:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

get "free" dominos, one stock of t-mobile to start with, a "free" vudu rental, one free small wendy's frosty every tuesday
you can get up to 100 stocks in t-mobile depending on how many people you refer to t-mobile
in effect diluting t-mobile shares

silvertone

silvertone

that's vague.

do they pay for it, or do you have to pay something to get the free bit

squirrelfriend

Quote from: SVT on June 06, 2016, 11:45:33 PM
that's vague.

do they pay for it, or do you have to pay something to get the free bit
you have to be a customer of t-mobile in order to get the "free" items. domino's pays t-mobile for the free pizzas, vudu same, wendy's same. t-mobile dilutes its stock in order to give you the "free" share in t-mobile

silvertone

dominoes pizza is not good enough for me to switch to an inferior service. nice try felt

squirrelfriend

i'm against this tbh
because it does nothing to improve the actual core service for the consumer; this adds superficial value
HERE FREE PIZZA SO PLEASE STAY WITH US PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE

bluaki

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 06, 2016, 11:52:13 PM
i'm against this tbh
because it does nothing to improve the actual core service for the consumer; this adds superficial value
They ran out of core service things to improve with Uncarrier announcements a long time ago.

Uncarrier 4.0 and earlier (Spring 2014) make up much more significant improvements than the 7 other "Uncarrier" announcements they've had since. Since then, those other announcements amount to junk like partnerships with Gogo and Dominoes and data-usage exceptions that seem very anti-net-neutrality.

I can't think of any significant issue T-Mobile has left that they can simply take care of with one big announcement. Coverage, signal strength, and congestion management are things they gradually improve. They also occasionally improve the amount of data each pricing tier has. Maybe they can improve pricing of plans or improve roaming speeds/pricing?

squirrelfriend

Quote from: bluaki on June 07, 2016, 01:28:07 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 06, 2016, 11:52:13 PM
i'm against this tbh
They ran out of core service things to improve with Uncarrier announcements a long time ago.

Uncarrier 4.0 and earlier (Spring 2014) make up much more significant improvements than the 7 other "Uncarrier" announcements they've had since. Since then, those other announcements amount to junk like partnerships with Gogo and Dominoes and data-usage exceptions that seem very anti-net-neutrality.

I can't think of any significant issue T-Mobile has left that they can simply take care of with one big announcement. Coverage, signal strength, and congestion management are things they gradually improve. They also occasionally improve the amount of data each pricing tier has. Maybe they can improve pricing of plans or improve roaming speeds/pricing?
um you forgot about free lte roaming in canada and mexico which is pretty significant lol

squirrelfriend

June 07, 2016, 02:18:20 AM #9 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 04:38:55 AM by squirrelfriend
they're expanding band 12 lte which has me hopeful that they'll be able to cover some significant coverage gaps
so i can use my phone within my house
they hold the license in the area so why can't they build it here :||||
the network optimization that you refer to as "anti-net neutrality" does help with the congestion though

the reason net neutrality doesn't enter into it is the consumer has to opt into it in order for the data to be prioritized
also t-mobile doesn't pay or charge for the zero-rated data
i got unlimited data for $50/mo so binge on is a non-issue to me, but the backhaul for all those former edge towers is much to be desired

Daddy

Ezloﺕ

:)

Hiro

i have tmobile though and i have no money right now so this free pizza is fucking great for me, also the fre frosty will be nice because i have a  sore throat

squirrelfriend

Be sure to like redeem the frosty when u get to the store because that coupon needs to be shown within 2 minutes

Go Up