October 11, 2024, 02:29:44 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Thread Where We Drunkenly Complain About Our Sad Lives

Started by Placebo Headwound, June 04, 2016, 02:01:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on October 22, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
you have more opportunities to be happy (lol why even persue a single emotion anyways) in modern life anyways, you just have to have discernment and emotions

not really as to be truly happy you need other people. the fool on the hill may have seen the world spinning round and grinning but he grinned at his own loneliness and misery. and there in lies the dilemma as today most people suck and to find the happy few (as stendhal said) and enjoy life together is almost an impossible task as you are whirled about a million miles an hour by strings and forces you can hardly imagine or see.

??????

i think you're confusing modernity with individualism (modernity has numerous faces; professionalism, secularization, industrialization, technological progress, etc.)
i was speaking more of its transitory nature, when time itself becomes ruptured and gives rise to an anxious future because of the immense uncertainty and dizzying quickness
once time is experienced as eternal, it either becomes absolutely terrifying (because there's nothing to fill it in with, spirituality is too antiquated) or beautiful if you fill it with love (which is very rare and rather...unpopular within the market unless its an image of love, a love without any of the pain or effort)

modernity grants you immense flexibility but i guess you have to be a sort of trickster to get by
To not get tricked by market consciousness, doublethinks, self-conciousness/awareness, and yet understanding them well enough to escape
its paradoxical

rdl

Quote from: القرقة on October 22, 2016, 08:38:22 PM
a depressive couldn't be able to consistently go to the gym and you don't feel the lift from endorphins until you're 4-6 months in
not true, you'll feel fresh after a good run/lift immediately. deadlifts, squats, all hit you with the fuzzy feelings immediately, though while you're doing them you might want to throw up. the first day i lifted weights i was addicted. though im sure youll tell me then that "that's just you" and it "doesn't apply to me im too special". though yeah long term effects supposedly kick in after 4 months.

so, you know.

Travis

Quote from: ADX on October 22, 2016, 10:21:32 PM
a depressive couldn't be able to consistently go to the gym and you don't feel the lift from endorphins until you're 4-6 months in
not true, you'll feel fresh after a good run/lift immediately. deadlifts, squats, all hit you with the fuzzy feelings immediately, though while you're doing them you might want to throw up. the first day i lifted weights i was addicted. though im sure youll tell me then that "that's just you" and it "doesn't apply to me im too special". though yeah long term effects supposedly kick in after 4 months.

so, you know.
everyone's body reacts differently lol

FAMY2

Quote from: Hyper on October 22, 2016, 08:27:35 PM
Quote from: FAMY2 on October 22, 2016, 07:28:33 PM
Quote from: Hyper on October 22, 2016, 04:52:12 PM
Quote from: Hyper on October 22, 2016, 07:33:54 AM
I have a good job, great girlfriend, drive a sports car and currently looking at buying my own house...but im not happy? i dunno, maybe this is drunk me taking but if the world were to end next week i don't think i'd even care?
lol im never drinking tequila again

Liar. lol
it's true, i do say that every 2 years

Ha ha.  :3

FAMY2

Quote from: Socks on October 22, 2016, 09:09:07 PM
you have more opportunities to be happy (lol why even persue a single emotion anyways) in modern life anyways, you just have to have discernment and emotions

not really as to be truly happy you need other people. the fool on the hill may have seen the world spinning round and grinning but he grinned at his own loneliness and misery. and there in lies the dilemma as today most people suck and to find the happy few (as stendhal said) and enjoy life together is almost an impossible task as you are whirled about a million miles an hour by strings and forces you can hardly imagine or see.

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on October 22, 2016, 09:54:40 PM
i think you're confusing modernity with individualism (modernity has numerous faces; professionalism, secularization, industrialization, technological progress, etc.)
i was speaking more of its transitory nature, when time itself becomes ruptured and gives rise to an anxious future because of the immense uncertainty and dizzying quickness
once time is experienced as eternal, it either becomes absolutely terrifying (because there's nothing to fill it in with, spirituality is too antiquated) or beautiful if you fill it with love (which is very rare and rather...unpopular within the market unless its an image of love, a love without any of the pain or effort)

modernity grants you immense flexibility but i guess you have to be a sort of trickster to get by
To not get tricked by market consciousness, doublethinks, self-conciousness/awareness, and yet understanding them well enough to escape

Now I have something to think about and analyze the whole week. You two make me think way too much.  n_u

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: ADX on October 22, 2016, 10:21:32 PM

so, you know.
>muslims
:)

Placebo Headwound

October 25, 2016, 01:41:57 AM #232 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:56:01 AM by Placebo Headwound
Quote from: Placebo Headwound on October 21, 2016, 03:51:41 AM
They switched my antidepressant to Wellbutrin, and now it's made it completely impossible to sleep.

I have been up until 6am the last three nights (7am tonight). I can get so much more done now that I no longer sleep, but I am so incredibly, incredibly tired.
LITT
wellbutrin never worked for me but i know how its like falling asleep at 6-8 am...its terribly exhausting and agitating
i think my root cause is drinking concentrated coffee casually with adderall
without stimulants i get groggy and tired
...i think im developing a coffee addiction lol

It's really weird. It worked for a week but I think it's lost its effectiveness. For a week or two I was talking too much and felt OK. Now all it seems to do to me is give me insane insomnia. I just stay up all night frustrated, think way too much, and just end up in a depressive mood eventually.

Ugh.

I've had a coffee addictions for years now I don't think it really affects me much anymore.

rdl

i just got back from the gym and feel really good. but i know everyone's special and totally different, so i guess i should just check my privilege or something

not aimed at thief but people who actually think le gym requires a lifetimes investment before you feel any mood boosters. yall hell of dumb.

Socks

bro i've been back from the gym and it was so glorious that i am still working out watching game one of the world series. i enjoy feeling the pump, the blood rushing, the muscles getting bigger, as arnold said, it feels like cumming.

squirrelfriend

October 26, 2016, 11:43:42 PM #235 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:47:44 PM by squirrelfriend
In addition to Vitamin D, Thief you should ask your doctor about melatonin supplements
Also, be sure to have enough magnesium

??????

Quote from: ADX on October 25, 2016, 02:48:54 PM
i just got back from the gym and feel really good. but i know everyone's special and totally different, so i guess i should just check my privilege or something

not aimed at thief but people who actually think le gym requires a lifetimes investment before you feel any mood boosters. yall hell of dumb.
but it does
also i feel like a fat fuck if i don't do HIIT on cardio
it has to be painful

but i do feel very nice after 45 mins of running
weight lifting doesn't do much for me cognitively

rdl

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on October 27, 2016, 10:24:15 PM
Quote from: ADX on October 25, 2016, 02:48:54 PM

but it does
also i feel like a fat fuck if i don't do HIIT on cardio
it has to be painful
sounds like a personal problem

??????

i dont know if it is or not yet lol
i plan to cut my exercises by a bit next month to bulk
i cut down my chubby fat percentage down to a 9% when i was a 16% 8 months ago

rdl

im getting really good rhr gains doing low intensity short cardio. like 30 min total. this morning i woke up and was at 54 bpm which is better than i was getting doing moderate intensity hour long cardio. in high school i was regularly around the upper 90s/low 100s, though i measured that during the day. right now im at ~78, which i guess isn't too bad.

Go Up