October 11, 2024, 04:17:32 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Thread Where We Drunkenly Complain About Our Sad Lives

Started by Placebo Headwound, June 04, 2016, 02:01:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on July 05, 2016, 09:02:15 PM
>telling a suicidal person's thoughts they're bullshit

you're right that was unnecessarily harsh

they're not bullshit- it's just important to realize when people are being legitimate with their words for your own good
ypr has good advice. or go abroad

??????

Quote from: YPargh on July 05, 2016, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: اÙ,,Ù,رÙ,Ø© on July 05, 2016, 09:02:15 PM
>telling a suicidal person's thoughts they're bullshit

Why don't you actually go help Thief since you live there and know what to do :O
Quote from: Placebo Headwound on July 05, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
I seriously hate everyone pretending to give a shit like this.

Everyone only ever cares when things are insanely bad, when their egos demand that they care in order to preserve their self image of being a good person.

~~I really don't have anyone in my life and everyone who says they care about me right now will forget about me in just a few days~~
I think you've lived in New York for too long if you think everything is about ego and appearances

I really think you could use a change of scenery. Especially if you don't have anyone what do you have to lose??

i thought about smoking weed with theif but what if he doesn't like me :'(

theif wanna smoke weed and avoid conversation by eating and laying around
also theif's post isn't really about egos and appearances
it seems like he's yearning for stability (he mentions people are only there if he's in pain, he probably thinks people should also be there for him when he's normal. people coming to show genuine emotion when he's in real pain reminds him again that no one was ever there when he wasn't in pain, so he lashes out at you normies)

YPrrrr

I didn't post yet so I am lashing free tyvm

- king of the normies

squirrelfriend

July 06, 2016, 02:02:45 AM #123 Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:06:11 AM by squirrelfriend
i probably would have posted on r/suicidewatch before boyah based on boyah's competence tbh

FAMY2

Sorry Thief. But you can't change the kind of person I am.  I know what it is like to be surrounded by people but be lonely as hell. You should meet with Clucky.

YPrrrr

Quote from: squirrelfriend on July 06, 2016, 02:02:45 AM
i probably would have posted on r/suicidewatch before boyah based on boyah's competence tbh
but those are strangers he likely has 0 connection to :O

Yknow for you and clucky having so much wisdom on the topic you sure don't share it n_u

squirrelfriend

None of us are trained crisis intervention professionals, so that's probably for the best
My answer though: Call 211 for a mental health professional in your area!

YPrrrr

Good point we should all ignore Thief

He's already seeing a psychiatrist so that mental health professional seems to be going well

squirrelfriend

Quote from: YPargh on July 06, 2016, 12:29:25 PM
Good point we should all ignore Thief

He's already seeing a psychiatrist so that mental health professional seems to be going well
probably could help to talk to a counselor after hours though. A voice on the phone. They could also discuss CBT which may help some people and help you get out of never ending cycles. A psychiatrist will just prescribe more drugs if you talk to them about any inkling of suicidal tendencies.

squirrelfriend

211 can also help with programs in the area not necessarily related to mental health like financial assistance

FAMY2

Psychiatrists are a joke. No two can come up with the same answer unless there is a fail proof test.

C.Mongler

it's like mental health is still an extremely fluid field or something

>implying general practitioners and doctors of all types don't do the same shit

squirrelfriend

i would get checked out by  an endocrinologist before taking an antidepressant tbh
Thyroid problems are some of the greatest imitators

FAMY2

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 06, 2016, 02:09:58 PM
it's like mental health is still an extremely fluid field or something

>implying general practitioners and doctors of all types don't do the same shit

Some doctors don't even follow up with test results so yes they can be shit too.

Go Up