October 11, 2024, 10:28:27 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The Thread Where We Drunkenly Complain About Our Sad Lives

Started by Placebo Headwound, June 04, 2016, 02:01:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

And of course if you're a crazy person you can get a pair of those $200 earplugs that are custom molded to the shape of your ears.

Those are a bit much and really only for professional audio techs and musicians, tho. Would probably still be fun to get a pair if I had too much money one day and wanted to just spend it frivolously.

I dream small so that I'm not disappointed often.

Thyme

yeah i have etymotics too they're nice

Placebo Headwound

Hey, is Lawlz still alive?

I think I liked him back when I was in high school but if he is around and still the same insufferable person he used to be I would probably fucking hate him now.

I remember he made me mod once (even tho I didn't do much on boyah) because he liked me for some reason. Then he became obsessed with Persona 4 and maybe at this point I'm afraid that we might've lost him to the world of waifus and body pillows.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 04, 2016, 12:49:39 PM
hi

Oh shit, Kaz!!! How are you? I remember you were an English major in college? Did you finish? Did you ever get good at guitar like you wanted to? I actually got this travel guitar made by Martin last week. I found it in a garage sale for $20. It needs new strings and a new bridge but that's easy to replace. It retails for at least $300 new so I'm so happy about getting it for so damn cheap! Even if everyone that sees it mistakes it for a lute due to it's really weird shape (it's called the backpacker by Martin, if you wanna look it up).

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on June 04, 2016, 03:30:23 PM

I think I liked him back when I was in high school but if he is around and still the same insufferable person he used to be I would probably fucking hate him now.

I remember he made me mod once (even tho I didn't do much on boyah) because he liked me for some reason. Then he became obsessed with Persona 4 and maybe at this point I'm afraid that we might've lost him to the world of waifus and body pillows.
he is
he made a game that was crypto-mra bullshit that sold relatively well and moved to japan

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 04, 2016, 03:35:16 PM

he is
he made a game that was crypto-mra bullshit that sold relatively well and moved to japan

Wait, what? He moved to Japan? Really? Like, got a visa or moved there to teach English or something like a lot of weeaboos do?

Placebo Headwound

Also I haven't used the screenname "Placebo Headwound" in a long time. This is weird. I usually use "Professor Dreamfunk" or some variant of that now.

The story behind that name is that I was just naming fake genres of music and my friend misheard me when I said "Progressive Dreamfunk." Then I just loved his mishearing so much that I decided to immortalize it with every internet account that I make.

Daddy

he is
"it's really about transrights and TERFS" - lawlz

"women are whorez i haet them" - lawlz

welcoem back thiefy

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Khadafi on June 04, 2016, 03:58:11 PM

he is
"it's really about transrights and TERFS" - lawlz

"women are whorez i haet them" - lawlz

welcoem back thiefy

The thing is that I can't really tell if those quotes by Lawlz are serious or sarcastic. I always had that kind of odd feeling about him where I couldn't tell if he was genuinely stupid/ignorant or if he just thought it was fun to piss people off.

squirrelfriend

i think it's a bit of both because lawlz supposedly hired this trans writer that doesn't seem to exist

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: squirrelfriend on June 04, 2016, 04:21:38 PM
i think it's a bit of both because lawlz supposedly hired this trans writer that doesn't seem to exist
What?

I missed all this insane drama, apparently. Imagine all the shitty, sarcastic comments I could've made if I was around while this stuff was happening.

Placebo Headwound

JMV, you did programming or web security or something, right?

How has that been? I'm in a community college for electrical engineering right now (on the dean's list, honors classes, and almost all straight A's so thank god for all he transfer scholarships I've been offered), but I was thinking of doing computer science or something as a minor once I'm in a four year (City College, most likely).

I have to take C++ for Engineers over the Summer and I hope it doesn't end up being a hellish experience like most summer classes are.

Daddy

they were both paraphrased but generally his real comments.

When Nyerp pointed out how it was just an extension of his sexism, he gave some excuse about how TERFS were the villains because they oppressed his trans-poc-woman protag.

and he went on the whore ran after his gf left him

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on June 04, 2016, 04:34:51 PM
JMV, you did programming or web security or something, right?

How has that been? I'm in a community college for electrical engineering right now (on the dean's list, honors classes, and almost all straight A's so thank god for all he transfer scholarships I've been offered), but I was thinking of doing computer science or something as a minor once I'm in a four year (City College, most likely).

I have to take C++ for Engineers over the Summer and I hope it doesn't end up being a hellish experience like most summer classes are.

Yeah, I do information security.

it's been k. I've been trying to rack up certifications because my pay is shit for what it should be and I'm prepping to jump ship if that doesn't change.  A request for a raise was put in a few months ago and I'm expecting to hear back this month (fiscal year shit).

Short/Medium term, I could also see a bump in my title which should help to pull in more money.

also i got them to pay for me to go to seattle for a week  baddood;

Placebo Headwound

You should definitely jump ship if you feel like they're using you and you're able to find something else.

My manager actually gave me a really bad performance review a few months ago (on a scale of 1 to 5, he gave me a 1 for being helpful during dinner service, a 2 for writing down information accurately, and 1/2's in a few other things). I was actually really offended and angry (he gave me an insultingly low tip percentage raise at only 2%) and I've been looking for a new job since. It's hard, tho. It just sucks when my manager seems to dislike me for no reason.

And just as a point of reference: my coworker who started literally a day after I did got a 20% tip percentage raise after our performance reviews. So fuck my manager. Seriously.

I'm tried of trying to sell $200 bottles of sake to rich assholes anyways.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Khadafi on June 04, 2016, 05:37:07 PM
they were both paraphrased but generally his real comments.

When Nyerp pointed out how it was just an extension of his sexism, he gave some excuse about how TERFS were the villains because they oppressed his trans-poc-woman protag.

and he went on the whore ran after his gf left him
i would like to think his stance against women was a joke like his stance against mathematical facts
but it's still awful even if he expressed it ironically

Go Up