how can i get a wired ethernet connection away from my primary router

Started by squirrelfriend, May 28, 2016, 07:48:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

squirrelfriend

idk how to like safely wire my room from the router in the living room for like ethernet pls help

strongbad

silvertone

you could drill holes into ur wall and ring a large ass wire around ur house

Daddy

C.Mongler

Quote from: Khadafi on May 30, 2016, 04:09:54 PM
Power line adapters

this GUY RIGHT HEUH gets it

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG?ie=UTF8&keywords=power%20line%20adapters&qid=1464705432&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

i have these and they work great. plug one in to the wall near your router and plug an ethernet cable into the router into the plug. then plug the other one near your pc/console/whatever and run a cable from the plug to yer whatever. and voila, spicy fast internts

Daddy

One caveat is that if you're using one of those 8 plug adapters with a surge protector it won't work because it filters out the signal.

You need to use one without a surge protector or plug it directly into the wall.

squirrelfriend

what if you are skeptical about the electrical wiring and like have a spare moca router around
100/100 should be within the 1.0 specification?

Daddy

why would are you skeptical what's going on

also uh one other issue i guess is if you are running circuit breakers and the rooms are actually on different breakers. IIRC, a powerline adapter won't work.

i guess a moca router may work though you need some sort of filter somewhere

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Khadafi on June 06, 2016, 09:03:17 AM
why would are you skeptical what's going on

also uh one other issue i guess is if you are running circuit breakers and the rooms are actually on different breakers. IIRC, a powerline adapter won't work.

i guess a moca router may work though you need some sort of filter somewhere
i think there's already a moca filter in place because verizon uses moca 1.0 (lol) to bring the internet from the ont to the router for the guide data, vod, and internet
i'm too lazy for them to like wire a wan ethernet cable to the router

our house is old and i'm not quite sure whoever owned this house before brought it to code lol

Go Up