April 27, 2024, 03:25:09 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Started by bluaki, May 10, 2016, 05:11:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

YPrrrr

Well I'm kind of disappointed the graphics and style so closely mimic x and y. I know it's the same system and 3d doesn't leave as much room for interpretation as 2d sprites but still. Maybe just the similarity of the protagonists to last Gen is what really gets me.

I actually really like all of the starters, especially in motion. The owl head turn is cool, the cat arches its back and licks itself, and the sea lion (not a bloody seel akudood; ) is super fun. I didn't like the sea lion at first glance since it is like a clown but in motion it really looks like a sea lion from a circus or sea world show. Funny guy. I'll have to decide based on the final forms or types. Can't remember the last time I liked all 3 starters to be honest.

Legendaries seem kind of over designed to me but maybe they'll grow on me. Just kind of feels like they have too many bells and whistles.  Reminds me of dialga and palkia (ironically also cosmic) but I do like these more than those two. Heavy lean towards the lion, the bats just too flat and disklike for me
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on May 10, 2016, 09:39:36 AM
Will i need that new 3ds
No they're confirmed for regular 3ds compatibility.

Samus Aran

Quote from: squirrelfriend on May 10, 2016, 06:37:53 AM
Cat looks like it'll have dark/fire dual typing so it's basically lit houndour tier

that doesn't make any sense. it wouldn't be "houndour tier" unless its stats, abilities, and moves were also similar. but yes it would be the same types obviously

anyway i'm mostly indifferent toward the starter designs this time around. i don't like or dislike them much. i guess i like the cat the most.

TooB

They all suck. Worst starters since the one gen with the damn monkey.

I kid, but srsly, they're pretty lame this time.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Loto on May 10, 2016, 10:25:31 AM

I kid, but srsly, they're pretty lame this time.
Idk I love Black and White but I'd say it had by far the worst starters. I thought Gen iv actually had cool starters despite that being my least favorite gen. Lot of people seem to dislike empoleon for some reason though

Samus Aran

Quote from: Loto on May 10, 2016, 10:25:31 AM

that would be gen 4.

which, yeah, has my least favorite starters too

YPrrrr

Ranking starters by first form (imo obv):

1 > 3 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 2 > 5

YPrrrr

Also clearly the games are based off Hawaii with the look and name Alola  (aloha)

Like people have said looks like Litten would be fire/dark which I'd be happy with especially if it plays differently than houndoom (physical maybe). My guess at the seel would be it gains fairy type mostly based off having a pink ball and being whimsical

Samus Aran

do you keep spelling seal incorrectly on purpose? like to make a joke that it's just a seel knockoff?

also is there really any point to the grass/flying typing other than the fact it's a rare type combination? it's a strategically awful combination

6M69I69B9

Quote from: YPR Classic on May 10, 2016, 11:12:18 AM
Also clearly the games are based off Hawaii with the look and name Alola  (aloha)

Like people have said looks like Litten would be fire/dark which I'd be happy with especially if it plays differently than houndoom (physical maybe). My guess at the seel would be it gains fairy type mostly based off having a pink ball and being whimsical

>pink ball
>whimsical
>fairy

don't see it as a fairy tbh

im gonna assume fighting type tho is there is a 2nd lol. 

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on May 10, 2016, 11:17:21 AM
do you keep spelling seal incorrectly on purpose? like to make a joke that it's just a seel knockoff?

also is there really any point to the grass/flying typing other than the fact it's a rare type combination? it's a strategically awful combination
agreed, they really gotta make this worth it

also also
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

I don't think Nintendo really cares about its strategic value. I mean most starters, at least before mega evolution, are rubbish competitively anyway.
Quote from: the MIB the on May 10, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
Quote from: YPR Classic on May 10, 2016, 11:12:18 AM

>pink ball
>whimsical
>fairy

don't see it as a fairy tbh

im gonna assume fighting type tho is there is a 2nd lol. 

agreed, they really gotta make this worth it

also also

if there is another fighting starter I will scream

If anything the owl would be fighting based off its description of kicking.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

Pipplio looks really dumb imo but I like Rowlet.

Shame because I have always like the water starter best before now.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

gen 4 and 5 had the weakest starters for sure but gen 6 had fucking chespin which takes it down in my ratings quite a bit too
also hey I made this survey about starters, y'all should take it: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LXT3VZV

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on May 10, 2016, 10:20:51 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on May 10, 2016, 06:37:53 AM
Cat looks like it'll have dark/fire dual typing so it's basically lit houndour tier

that doesn't make any sense. it wouldn't be "houndour tier" unless its stats, abilities, and moves were also similar. but yes it would be the same types obviously

anyway i'm mostly indifferent toward the starter designs this time around. i don't like or dislike them much. i guess i like the cat the most.
i was ranking it in terms of uniqueness and not whatever criterion you just used
Btw, i don't like smogon's metagame bs because it's just as bad as tourneyfags describing melee like a real fighting game with the banned tiers and shit and removing any sort of spontaneity

Go Up