April 24, 2024, 11:13:17 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

2016 radiohead thread

Started by C.Mongler, May 05, 2016, 07:51:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

TODAY IS NOT THE DAY

SUNDAY CONFIRMED THE DAY THO

new vid on dead air space ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

this new song i like a bit but it also suffers from king of limbs "this is cool but forgettable"

Hiro

C.Mongler

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on May 06, 2016, 05:36:44 PM
this new song i like a bit but it also suffers from king of limbs "this is cool but forgettable"

tbf every radiohead song is cool but forgettable if you listen to it like 3 times

it's one of my favorites

album is phenomenal by the way

C.Mongler

phenominal in the sense that it takes a 30 foot tall shit onto the king of limbs

not sure where it fits into the grand scheme of radiohead albums for me, but deff far more interesting than king of limbs or pablo honey, and amnesiac too tbh. headphones and a nice doobie recommended. IMHO

C.Mongler

in refrence to daydreaming my favorite part of that song is the end bit where the only 'singing' is thom's voice being slowed and looped backwards while a cacophony on strings wash over the couple of repeated bass notes that feels like you're marching to yourself into a panic attack

IMHO

Thom's actually singy parts are the most boring part IMHO

also holy fuck true love waits made its way onto a radiohead album 20 years after it first made its live appearance

Hiro

just listened to it
i'll need some time but i think i like the king of limbs more, this is a bit one-note for me

C.Mongler

Quote from: ʜiro҈ on May 09, 2016, 12:41:54 AM
just listened to it
i'll need some time but i think i like the king of limbs more, this is a bit one-note for me

care to extend your thoughts on that? i'm not sure how one would consider this 'one-note' but not the king of limbs, which IMHO is their most 'one-note' album

Hiro

king of limbs has a lot of interesting rhythms and textures, this album is pretty much all slow & calm, aside from burn the witch and maybe one other song. there's not much in the way of neat sounds or anything. i dunno so far it's a little forgettable but I'm listening again right now

C.Mongler

Quote from: ʜiro҈ on May 09, 2016, 01:25:07 PM
king of limbs has a lot of interesting rhythms and textures, this album is pretty much all slow & calm, aside from burn the witch and maybe one other song. there's not much in the way of neat sounds or anything. i dunno so far it's a little forgettable but I'm listening again right now

are you wearing headphones with a good low end or are you playing it out of laptop speakers, because i find that pretty much objectively untrue. there's usually like 6 or 7 instruments jamming at one time, though usually only one is really at the forefront

not saying you aren't allowed to like it, and granted it is their darkest, densest, and haunting album to date, but i'd imagine it sounds like shit in the wrong conditions too

squirrelfriend

is hiro listening to it on lossless
is he listening to it on tidal hi-fi

Hiro

i have fairly high quality headphones, I never listen to music through my laptop speakers, I have some decent speakers for my computer as well
I think hail to the thief is their darkest though this is p. dark, what exactly do you mean by dense though

C.Mongler

Quote from: ʜiro҈ on May 09, 2016, 01:46:44 PM
i have fairly high quality headphones, I never listen to music through my laptop speakers, I have some decent speakers for my computer as well
I think hail to the thief is their darkest though this is p. dark, what exactly do you mean by dense though

dense in the sense that there's lots of cool little nuggets in the orchestration to a lot of the songs that i haven't picked up on until several listens. like the neat little subtle drum pattern on Desert Island Disk, or the vocals that swirls through the channels on Present Tense for example.

but hey sounds like u doin it right, if ya don't like it, ya don't like it homie, to each their own

Quote from: squirrelfriend on May 09, 2016, 01:44:56 PM
is hiro listening to it on lossless
is he listening to it on tidal hi-fi

you're really going to whine about boyah award rules and then come into my thread and disrespect mine? get out of here you fucking idiot

Hiro

not really lol when I have a decent amount of money I wanna get some shit like that though

Go Up