April 18, 2024, 05:19:17 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

fav album that doesn't get THE CRED

Started by C.Mongler, April 21, 2016, 09:49:30 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i dont mean like albums that ONLY YOU HAVE HEARD OF AND LIKE but cool albums that really mean like, a lot 2 u, but not really the general music liking populace that u know

HERE"S MINE: so like everyone has heard of and loves Jawbreaker round these parts, but i've yet to meet a nother fucker who's into Jets to Brazil??? Orange Rhyming Dictionary is one of my favorite albums of all time AND I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO ABOUT IT  saddood;

ok yer turn

Mando Pandango

https://teramelos.bandcamp.com/album/patagonian-rats

10/10 i wanna make this album

Other people like it but never to the extent that I do :(
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

xiapproves; I haven't heard of either of those 

how about Wa-Do-Dem by Eek-A-Mouse lol

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvUqrqnnNk[/youtube]
please listen to the end if you do.

strongbad

hard to answer since my library is half stuff that most people wouldnt have heard of and half stuff that is obviously good

maybe in terms of artists and not albums i'd have to say that Vitalic and The Polish Ambassador both don't get the love they deserve.

YPrrrr

Idk. I love the shit out of A Hangover You Don't Deserve By Bowling For Soup. Hit so many goddamn relateable subjects for me at the time and apparently I can still sing the album from beginning to end

Fuck it, I know it's cheese-pop-punk but it's fucking great to me!!!

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 29, 2016, 01:33:17 AM
Idk. I love the shit out of A Hangover You Don't Deserve By Bowling For Soup. Hit so many goddamn relateable subjects for me at the time and apparently I can still sing the album from beginning to end

i was thinking about this band the other day and started giggling cause they kind of ended up like pop punk Smashmouth. Fun fact: They're still touring and the lead singer is the voice of Chuck E. Cheese

for me it would be The Catherine Wheel by David Byrne. It was his first solo album back in like 83, and it was a score for a dance piece Twyla Tharp did (better known for choreographing that Billy Joel musical some years ago)  The Catherine Wheel was like if Talking Heads were mixed with Pink Floyd in the best possible way. (I haven't listened to the album in aabout a year)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38drBYLnsB0[/youtube]

YPrrrr

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 29, 2016, 05:28:26 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on April 29, 2016, 01:33:17 AM

i was thinking about this band the other day and started giggling cause they kind of ended up like pop punk Smashmouth. Fun fact: They're still touring and the lead singer is the voice of Chuck E. Cheese

for me it would be The Catherine Wheel by David Byrne. It was his first solo album back in like 83, and it was a score for a dance piece Twyla Tharp did (better known for choreographing that Billy Joel musical some years ago)  The Catherine Wheel was like if Talking Heads were mixed with Pink Floyd in the best possible way. (I haven't listened to the album in aabout a year)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38drBYLnsB0[/youtube]
Fun fact I used to love smash mouth as a kid so this does not surprise me girl;

I did not realize chuck e cheese still had commercials woah

Go Up