March 28, 2024, 01:51:42 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

almost caved and bought a smartphone

Started by silvertone, April 16, 2016, 02:26:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

I pay $67 a month no contract.

$60 for unlimited talk, text and web with 10 GB of data.
$7 for phone insurance.

[move][spoiler][/spoiler][/move]

squirrelfriend

i signed up during t-mobile's coverage guarantee so i can leave at any time and just keep making the monthly device payments. prolly won't though 5thgrade;

strongbad

i loved having a smartphone but it wasn't really necessary
i'm gonna try going phoneless for a while. i need to buy an mp3 player to keep up with podcasts though, which is what my phone's primary use had become

silvertone

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: SVT on April 17, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:22:03 PM
i get service in the places i travel to and i don't really need coverage in west virginia since i won't travel there ever
the coverage is pretty consistent along the i-95 corridor now so i'm set
even in the boonie towns we used to live in
i had t mobile and i didnt have any service in most of the places i frequented and they werent even boonie towns.  now that i dont  fly have to drive across the country whenver i wanna go home it's ideal to have a phone w/ long battery life and good service for emegerncies (not htat i've ever needed it) or contacting internet ppl for meet ups .

when lawls and I traveled across the country he didnt hvae service for most of the time [he had tmobile] i always had muh bars.             
yeah the cross country coverage is still p. bad. i think they improved roaming though in the past year. and in serious emergencies, you should be able to dial 911 where there's any signal from any carrier. also prepaid phones are really cheap nowadays at the gas station if you really have to talk to family.
the wifi calling really helps with the coverage deadzones too additionally. but then i don't drive outside of the east coast so i've never experienced this.
i am thinking more of triple AAA then 911

Travis

silvertone

Quote from: Travis on April 18, 2016, 12:57:28 AM
get a smartphone so we can snapchat
do i need a cellphone plan to snap chat? i have an ancient blackberry i could install snapchat on

Travis

Quote from: SVT on April 18, 2016, 01:05:55 AM
Quote from: Travis on April 18, 2016, 12:57:28 AM
get a smartphone so we can snapchat
do i need a cellphone plan to snap chat? i have an ancient blackberry i could install snapchat on
idt u can do on blackberry

i think u can do it on an ipod touch over wifi. otherwise yea youd need a more modern fone

silvertone

squirrelfriend

Quote from: SVT on April 18, 2016, 12:50:38 AM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: SVT on April 17, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 17, 2016, 02:22:03 PM
i get service in the places i travel to and i don't really need coverage in west virginia since i won't travel there ever
the coverage is pretty consistent along the i-95 corridor now so i'm set
even in the boonie towns we used to live in
i had t mobile and i didnt have any service in most of the places i frequented and they werent even boonie towns.  now that i dont  fly have to drive across the country whenver i wanna go home it's ideal to have a phone w/ long battery life and good service for emegerncies (not htat i've ever needed it) or contacting internet ppl for meet ups .

when lawls and I traveled across the country he didnt hvae service for most of the time [he had tmobile] i always had muh bars.             
yeah the cross country coverage is still p. bad. i think they improved roaming though in the past year. and in serious emergencies, you should be able to dial 911 where there's any signal from any carrier. also prepaid phones are really cheap nowadays at the gas station if you really have to talk to family.
the wifi calling really helps with the coverage deadzones too additionally. but then i don't drive outside of the east coast so i've never experienced this.
i am thinking more of triple AAA then 911
just start sending smoke signals then

snoorkel

did you get one with texting at least?

silvertone

snoorkel

silvertone

Go Up