March 28, 2024, 01:48:04 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

tfw ur phone breaks

Started by Daddy, April 11, 2016, 09:46:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

I love when you google an issue like "yeah my home button fell off" or "the volume button is stuck" and multiple people just copypaste directions on doing a factory reset.

uh unless the newest feature of my phone's OS includes a physical factory reset, i don't think that will help.

squirrelfriend

Quote from: David on April 12, 2016, 01:21:54 PM
Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 12, 2016, 08:58:41 AM
...david ofc
android reap what you sow
mine is a physical issue with the screen
be sure to take it to the apple store like b4 the warranty runs out
that's the only thing i like about apple
replacement phones on the spot
they know those things have a short shelf-life

squirrelfriend

April 12, 2016, 09:16:42 PM #17 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:27:57 PM by squirrelfriend
Quote from: Khadafi on April 12, 2016, 01:37:32 PM
I love when you google an issue like "yeah my home button fell off" or "the volume button is stuck" and multiple people just copypaste directions on doing a factory reset.

uh unless the newest feature of my phone's OS includes a physical factory reset, i don't think that will help.
well david didn't tell me that it was like a physical issue with the screen so i didn't presume anything
but yeah i get a new phone every year and go to the apple store if my phone breaks so like this isn't even a big issue to me
i know it's probably cheaper in the long-run in most cases to buy the phone outright but i don't really pay a lot for my phone service, like i only pay $78 a month for my iphone lease and have unlimited data so....
t-mobile works where i live and i don't plan to go to like anywhere else so why pay more for coverage i don't really need

Daddy

i just meant in general.  if you google my issue some indian dude keeps pasting some walkthrough on doing a reset

squirrelfriend

oh lmfao yeah
verizon's tech support team is the same way. if you tell the rep that a channel is out even when something is obviously wrong with their network, they make me go through the motions of resetting my cable box and then the ont and everything even when i told them i had already done that... that's why i called.
i hate verizon's customer service, but they're cheaper than the cable company strangely enough so i stay with them

Daddy

I once had a verizon tech tell me not to move my mouse while they renewed my IP address

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on April 13, 2016, 12:42:47 PM
I once had a verizon tech tell me not to move my mouse while they renewed my IP address
make sure not to breath on your keyboard as this can upset the modem

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Khadafi on April 13, 2016, 12:42:47 PM
they should be fired for going off script

Daddy

I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the script

[hedy]Zidone

last phone is killed by an update and will not perform a factory reset

"did you try a factory reset?"
"that's the thing, it won't do a factory reset"
"did you try a factory reset?"

Daddy

also this phone sucked and i got a moto x4 last month

Go Up