April 23, 2024, 10:54:44 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics Logo

Started by Hiro, April 09, 2016, 04:33:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Best logo?

Original
1 (33.3%)
A
1 (33.3%)
B
0 (0%)
C
0 (0%)
D
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Hiro

April 09, 2016, 04:33:49 PM Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:42:58 PM by ??????

This logo was unveiled last year, and I personally loved it. However, there were claims of plagiarism, looking similar to this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

So what did they do instead of tweaking it or even scrapping it and coming up with something new? They held a public contest where anyone could submit a logo. After receiving 14,599 entries, they went through and narrowed them down in stages, and now have it down to these four:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

C is absolutely disgusting, but I think the other 3 all have merits, and can't really pick a favorite. I still like the original best.
You can read more about them and submit your opinions here: https://tokyo2020.jp/en/games/emblem/evaluation/
Opinions?

ME##

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Hiro

I think A is pretty unique, pairs well with the Paralympics logo, and could have some interesting applications.
B is probably my favorite too, I just don't like it as much up close, and the human shape is p. dumb
with D I don't like the purple or the suns, but the other colors and the shapes look nice, clean, and kinda futuristic/utopian to me

B has the best typeface too

Travis

these all suck ass imo with b sucking the least.

Hiro

yeah none of the new ones are very good, I loved the original :'(

C.Mongler

B is tight cuz it looks like a little man being wiped away by a nuclear blast

squirrelfriend

a then b are my favz because there's a nice balance between reflecting cultural identity and good design
the original design just took a stylized T and put hinomaru next to it so it should have been panned
the alternate proposed designs are p. much in general better than the original

silvertone

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

Hiro

A was decent I just hope they apply it well, but seeing as this is from a goddamn logo competition I kinda doubt it

Go Up