2016, YEAR OF THA -lower budget, smaller-dev-team, digitally distributed vidja-

Started by C.Mongler, April 07, 2016, 07:49:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Chyme on April 08, 2016, 09:04:42 AM
typical felt pedantry. smh
anyway I didn't want to be corrected if I said Mighty No. 9 and some boyager said that's not indie because we're all pedants lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: squirrelfriend on April 08, 2016, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: Chyme on April 08, 2016, 09:04:42 AM
typical felt pedantry. smh
anyway I didn't want to be corrected if I said Mighty No. 9 and some boyager said that's not indie because we're all pedants lol

mighty no 9 iZ indie

QuoteComcept Inc. (Japanese: 株式会社comcept Hepburn: Kabushiki gaisha Konseputo?) is a Japan-based independent video game developer based in both Tokyo and Osaka.

and that's probably what the fucking problem with that game is is the fact that infafune started gaping the asshole of that project trying to turn it into some return to AAA glory on like 9 different consoles instead of a fucking PSN/Steam release of a megaman clone like it should have been. the scope became way too large for what that game actually is

squirrelfriend

ty sorry for being p.pedantic as I don't read moonrunes so I didn't know its shareholders
anyway this use of the term is pretty acceptable thx
umm idk a lot of indie games off the top of my hat because I see a lot of narrative driven interactive movies labeled as indie
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/24/the-10-best-indie-games-of-2015-n-her-story-undertale-and-more/ Like idk how some of those games on that list are considered games

Thyme

C.Mongler

lol i wanted to try sunset out but then the dev started being such a cock about how his shitty overpriced walking sim wasnt selling well so i was like well ya just lost another sale there bud good job lol  n_u

silvertone

there's nothing wrong w/ using valve to distrbute games.
i was more referencing to the fact that popular indie games usually have larger companies funding their work. not really a problem but it makes it confusing

C.Mongler

i didnt mention a single indie game that was being funded by a larger company, to my knowledge lol  SocksDood;

silvertone

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 08, 2016, 04:54:11 PM
i didnt mention a single indie game that was being funded by a larger company, to my knowledge lol  SocksDood;
i was thinking of bastion and shit. i dont read posts

C.Mongler

Quote from: SVT on April 08, 2016, 04:55:26 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 08, 2016, 04:54:11 PM
i was thinking of bastion and shit. i dont read posts

bastion was independently funded by the team who made the game; WB just published it lol SocksDood;

silvertone

they signed the deal before the game was done though, you never know the influence of the big dogs

silvertone

Thyme

i still love you mongler and i agree with your definition of indie <3

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Chyme on April 07, 2016, 07:53:04 AM
poor tec :(

i'm willing to concede that there are maybe a thimbleful of passable indie games

i might be less averse to them were it not for the endless pretense and sanctimony that is characteristic of """indie""" devs

Go Up