April 16, 2024, 04:15:52 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

"Panama Papers"

Started by strongbad, April 04, 2016, 04:30:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Went down the rabbit hole on Reddit and it seems kind of overhyped to be honest. Like, I think it's only a big deal because snowden is making it a big deal.

Tldr a shit ton of people hiding money in shell companies in Panama were exposed

There are some weird things like there being no us citizens found in their documents and the fact that no us media has really talked about it. I cant tell if the latter is because it's just not a big deal or if there is something shady going on. Probably the former but it's still fun to fantasize

C.Mongler

It's too dense for me to reasonably comb through so I have to rely on summaries which who knows if they're actually fucking accurate. 2 TB of data, YEESH.

Dunno though, kinda weird that no major US news outlet has said shit about it, but also totally expected AM I RITE????

ME##

Panamá is a giant US Shell Corp

Daddy

RISE AND DEFEAT THE BOURGEOIS MY COMRADES

Travis

i think it's hilarious and kind of adorable how reddit thinks anything at all will change after this

C.Mongler

Quote from: Travis on April 04, 2016, 01:22:01 PM
i think it's hilarious and kind of adorable how reddit thinks anything at all will change after this

it's adorable how reddit feels that way about a lot of things

Daddy

ask reddit their opinion on black people and women

C.Mongler

I DONT GET WHY BLACK PEOPLE GET SO OFFENDED WHEN I SAY NIGGERS, ISN'T THAT JUST, REVERSE RACISM????

strongbad

Quote from: Travis on April 04, 2016, 01:22:01 PM

Yeah lol

Also can we pls keep it srs discussion

strongbad

iceland is going crazy right now

Daddy

Maybe they'll finally elect Bjork as their queen.

strongbad

ok can i pls temp ban like half the people in this thread for violating the serious discussion rules i am sick of this shit

including you james

C.Mongler

uhh no one in this thread hasn't been serious doodthing;

Quote from: antmaster5000 on April 04, 2016, 07:34:46 PM
iceland is going crazy right now

please be more serious, source and works cited, please!

Daddy

The confirmation that many wealthy individuals and government officials have routed money through shell corps to hide money isn't really a surprising revelation.

The more entertaining facet of the data leak is which officials are involved and the reaction of the citizens of countries.

Go Up