March 28, 2024, 03:36:20 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

favorite method of brewing coffee?

Started by C.Mongler, March 28, 2016, 11:24:42 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i'm fuckin addicted to coffee i dunno about yew chumps. how do ya brew?

i personally really LOVE making cold-brew concentrate since you can make it all at the begining of the week and whenever you need a quick fix just drop a spoonful in your mouth and it's like getting punched in the ass. the only problem is you have to plan to do this shit since it needs a day to brew at least, and i'm a lazy fuck ball

my usual go-to is french press, i got a nice lil bitch on my desk at work but lately she's been lettin' some grounds get through which is icky. also not a huge fan of the black sludge at the end of every cup but i choke it down anyway

i only drink my shit BLACK

also i love espresso but im too poor to have an espresso maker

anyway discuss cofeees

Daddy

I've got a french presss but Idk if im doign something wrong because it always comes out p.shitty and i'd rather drink 1 dollar convenience store coffee.

I think the water isn't the right temp or the beans are too finely ground.  The tap water in my city also sucks. it could be that.

C.Mongler

yeah u want yer shit to be mad hot and yer grounds to be pretty coarse; fine grounds makes for a groundy coffee in a french press. i will say though, unless you've got a nice ass french press 99% of the time it's going to be pretty harsh tasting. i love the harshness of it, but it's not for everyone

strongbad

ohhh i wanna get into cold brew

i was heavy into my aeropress back in the states. i had a sick bonavita water kettle that would heat it to the perfect temp (170-180 degrees depending on the roast) had fun making little sudo americanos

now i just buy americanos from 711 every other day and they're okay

Daddy

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 28, 2016, 01:26:27 PM
yeah u want yer shit to be mad hot and yer grounds to be pretty coarse; fine grounds makes for a groundy coffee in a french press. i will say though, unless you've got a nice ass french press 99% of the time it's going to be pretty harsh tasting. i love the harshness of it, but it's not for everyone
oh i like it harsh.

But i end up with tons of residue and and "off" taste that I don't expect even when drinking shit like IHOP Coffee, Convenience Store Coffee, Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Starbucks Coffee, etc.

I legit think it's the grounds and the city water. Maybe the temperature too

C.Mongler

i never pay much attention to the temp and i'm fine with mine, but yeah the finer the grounds the sludgier tasting it will be. can't speak much on the water though lol but it might have some effect

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 28, 2016, 09:49:32 PM
ohhh i wanna get into cold brew

i was heavy into my aeropress back in the states. i had a sick bonavita water kettle that would heat it to the perfect temp (170-180 degrees depending on the roast) had fun making little sudo americanos

now i just buy americanos from 711 every other day and they're okay

i've heard of aeropress, i didn't realize it was so cheap. i might have to invest in one. i kinda wanna get a pour-over set too, but i feel like that doesnt really taste any better than drip??? i don't know, i've never tried it

cold brew is the shit though, you just need a pitcher and some cheese cloth; wrap up a fuck ton of coffee in some cheese cloth, tie a lil string to it like a big stinky tea bag and dunk it in some water and leave it on the counter for a day. i personally do a 4-3:1 water to coffee ratio, which is STRONG AS FUCK (1 cup of beans for every 4 cups of water) and i usually dilute that heavily when i actually drink it

or i just slam a shot of it and blast off my asshole like a rocket

Daddy

Oh yeah that is cheap. I think I paid like 20 for my bodum, and an aeropress is 30

If you use one of those perpetual Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons it can be less than $24.

C.Mongler

my girlfriend literally hit me for throwing a BBB coupon away  :(

Daddy

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 29, 2016, 07:33:07 AM
my girlfriend literally hit me for throwing a BBB coupon away  :(
But it's ok you'll get another one next week.

C.Mongler

i literally did, which is why i threw that one away lol. we haven't been to a BBB our entire relationship and it was MY coupon so i don't even know why she had to go STARTIN' VIOLENCE

Daddy

C.Mongler

i'll go anywhere they serve bagels n cream cheese

YPrrrr

Waiting for someone else in the office to do it

C.Mongler

Quote from: YPR Classic on March 29, 2016, 12:42:43 PM

this used to be mine and then we got a kuerig and i fucking loathe kuerigs. the little pods are such a waste and they taste lick fucking dick AND they are exepnsive as all hell (like twice the price of a bag of grounds????!?!??). so i got an eco pod (the ones you refill with your own coffee) and that tastes even fucking worse

it's like those things are a mold breeding ground or something

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 29, 2016, 12:49:44 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on March 29, 2016, 12:42:43 PM

this used to be mine and then we got a kuerig and i fucking loathe kuerigs. the little pods are such a waste and they taste lick fucking dick AND they are exepnsive as all hell (like twice the price of a bag of grounds????!?!??). so i got an eco pod (the ones you refill with your own coffee) and that tastes even fucking worse

it's like those things are a mold breeding ground or something
Agreed, I will take my crappy folgers and be happy with it over dealing with the inefficiency of the pods

Go Up