April 16, 2024, 04:19:12 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

air frier

Started by Socks, March 29, 2016, 06:37:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

i ordered this fucking thing called an air frier from qvc and it cookes my foodes realley goode. it looks like a red pod, idk why i.chose.this color, with a handle with buttons.

inside the pullout part is a pan, sleeve, trey for items, meats in particular. coil at top and heat pan in bottom, no touching of the actual pullout pan, there is space for this metal fan at the top to.blow around the hot air. max temp 400, at 45 min. cooks my strip steak in under 10 at 340.

small whirring noise and slight fan vent out the back. but no mess, smell (much) or oil. you can cook with natural juices, meats are always moist. but if you insist you can brush a dab of oil in your meats.

120 bucks.

totally better than a pan/grill and microwave (eeww).

C.Mongler

i have never heard of this in my life, but it looks kinda neat

can it make mozzarella sticks thats the only thing i would ever use this for

Socks

March 30, 2016, 09:21:14 AM #2 Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:29:35 AM by Socks
dude i'm pretty sure it was DESIGNED for mozz sticks. i'm pretty sure they were eating them when showing the air fier on qvc. no kidding.

i alsi made frozen meatballs in that sucker that have a cheese core, and it was defrosted, thawed and cooked in there all by itself in 11 minutes. no burn, no dry out, but hot all the way through.

C.Mongler

damn i might have to invest

Daddy

The most important takeaway from this thread is that Socks, of all Boyagers, buys stuff off of QVC lol

amazon reviews for the phillips one seem to say the chicken is dry is that true

Socks

dude it's cuz my mom. i'm always finding all random tvs around the house set to qvc. so i glance sometimes before i change the station.

i have to admit, it's stupid, funny and sometimes useful to be honest with you. i saw this magic carpet grass/flower outdoor turf stuff that was awesome.

plant that baby anywhere, just place it on top of dirt, add water, etc.. and it grows out and around anything all year round, only 2 inches high.

you could cut the turf before you lay it down to any shape so it would look like a design when it bloomed.

have not tried chx yet. only had it for a few days. but i don't see why if the chx is juicy and marinated beforehand.

ME##

sometimes when i turn on my tv after a few days of not using it it's on qvc and all i can think of is 'how?', then i watch them peddle some fifty cent shirt as being an all purpose, beautiful blouse for the low, low price of two payments of $15

Socks

ok just cooked two big ass juicy chicken breast cutlets.

the most tender, golden, perfectly cooked, moist chicken ever. for real no shit it was like a cross between, chicken, cotton candy and marshmellow.

also the brand i have is cooks essentials.

silvertone

Hiro

damn this thing looks cool

strongbad

not a bad idea actually
i love frying stuff but i hate using so much oil

Socks

im hooked on it

by the time i make my salad and cheese platter my meats are done

basic prep, no cooking process, no watching your shit,

boom

done

Daddy

For some reason I'm imagining you laying out an entire platter of meats and cheeses, as if it were for a party, and eating that yourself for dinner.

Go Up